Anyone else experiencing slow sales? Or is it the neg?

The past week for me has been extremely slow. I was quite busy up til then and now nothing, dead. I received a neg about a week ago and I'm wondering if this is the reason. Or are others having slow sales also?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

My sales had been very consistent, even when others were getting none. Like you, I received a negative a few weeks ago and since then have had only one sale. I  replied to the negative taking full responsibility,  but obviously it has turned everyone off.

Thankfully this is not my main source of income. Otherwise, I'd be looking for handouts now!

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Yes, from some time on Monday until today I had zero sales.  Then suddenly overnight and this morning I had four sales, all different people, all different products.

I don't think the negative comment is causing your lack of sales - one negative among so many positives!  You could just be going through a dark period like I just did.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

@wendshee wrote:

My sales had been very consistent, even when others were getting none. Like you, I received a negative a few weeks ago and since then have had only one sale. I  replied to the negative taking full responsibility,  but obviously it has turned everyone off.

Thankfully this is not my main source of income. Otherwise, I'd be looking for handouts now!

From what I've read, I don't think one neg puts buyers off so much as it does eBay - whether they choose to admit it or not, no matter how many positives you have I think they 'decide' to rank you lower in search results as a result of the neg, no matter how well you handle it. . . . . . .

Sad face.gif

Sales here dead this week also after a good weekend last weekend . . . . . . .

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Yes! Over the past week Ive sold nothing. Nada. Zip.

Usually I sell around 5 items per day.

My sales have been declining by exactly 10% each month for the past 6 months.

But to sell absolutely nothing for an entire week... very odd indeed.

I do think Ebay punish sellers for negs, defects (had two a while ago but both were removed by Ebay, buyer error), as well as for comments on this board, plus various issues and comments when calling CS.... they just dont tell us.

Probably just another way to push out smaller sellers... just make it as hard as possible for them.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Me Too   Smiley Sad   I had my second ever INAD case and closed IN MY FAVOUR !!!!! a few days ago. Since then sales have dropped right away to 40% of long term avarage. The item was one of my most popular, selling one every second day on average. Since the case was opened a couple of weeks ago, I havnt sold one.

How does that all work ???    Why penalise the seller when the case is closed in their favour  ????

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

@saarzi wrote:

I do think Ebay punish sellers for negs, defects (had two a while ago but both were removed by Ebay, buyer error), as well as for comments on this board, plus various issues and comments when calling CS.... they just dont tell us.

Ebay does not punish sellers for what they post on the boards.....they do not even run the boards.  Lithium moderate the boards and hand out sanctions for what you may post here.

If other members don't like what you post here you could find that will affect your sales, as well as feedback comments made by sellers.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I've been having consistent regular sales for a few months then had a sudden week on nothing but, it seems to be coming back again.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I love a good conspiracy.   

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

It has nothing to do with the neg. My sales have been woeful this month as has my sister's. I'm not sure what the answer is .

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply