Anyone, else? photo upload problem

Is anyone else having problems using the standard photo uploader at present?  We either can't upload at all or if we get an image up we can't crop. eBay swears it's not their problem but we have tried 2 different computers, deleted history, cookies, etc, rebooted & have no issues on any other site but eBay.  We have a store & not being able to list is costing us money, big time.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

acenyg
Community Member

Yes I was having problems with uploading photos over the last freelistings period from thurs to sun - my browser kept crashing and I put it down to the meltdown that occured on Sunday evening - I know there were problems for people all during the weekend as well. I haven't listed any items since as I just haven't had the time but I'm hoping that there won't be anymore problems with uploading of photos. I feel your frustrations as it wastes time, especially when time to use promotional free listings is so limited.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Yes and it's peeing me off.

First off I thought it was slow internet connection but it will work fine if I use the Basic Uploader but on Standard it just sits there looking back at me. I don't want basic cause then it changes the whole ad to basic. Grrrr

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I need to update what I said, it actually doesn't change the whole ad to Basic.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

yep thought it was just me. Its been doing that on and off for a long time. Ive done all the usual computer related fixes, rang my service provder and all was good with them, tried a different computer and tried my neighbours computer without success and tried a different site uploading without a problem. Rang ebay they said they had no problems - it is you ebay stop wasting my time Woman Frustrated

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@kg5collector wrote:

Is anyone else having problems using the standard photo uploader at present?  We either can't upload at all or if we get an image up we can't crop. eBay swears it's not their problem but we have tried 2 different computers, deleted history, cookies, etc, rebooted & have no issues on any other site but eBay.  We have a store & not being able to list is costing us money, big time.

KGV are you sure you have resized your photos to meet eBay's new standards?

there was an announcement abot 12months ago that by this time in 2014 all photos would have to be of a certain size and that sellers should start to upgrade their photos.

well it came into effect this month, and the eBay site just automatically rejects incorrectly sized photos

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/au/201408.shtml#2014-08-04101727

Announcement Here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

standard uploader is & has been 'cactus' for quite a few days now Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

standard uploader is working when using Explorer 🙂

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, same problem for me ! I have been using the basic uploader for all my listings for the last week or so, and I'm grateful there is at least an alternative, even though it takes a bit longer than the standard uploader.

Haven't even bothered contacting ebay about it because, I suspected I would get the same response - nothing to do with us !!!

I am so sick and tired of 'jumping through hoops' in trying to deal with the dysfunctional ebay customer service, that I couldn't face it !!

I'm taking the approach, ignore it and it will get better. . .hopefully at some point.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Perhaps in this case ebay is actually correct and it has nothing to do with them.

I haven't been able to get the standard uploader to work on Firefox but just tried Chrome and it appears to be working fine with that browser.

Looks like a Firefox issue.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply