Anyone know how to use the registered post prepaid label?

yoko.yty
Community Member
Hi i bought bunch of the prepaid registered post label here and wanna use it to send something using my own envelope and stamps. On the sticker label, theres 1 smaller one "sender to keep" and 1 big one that i should paste on my envelope. Do i just paste on anywhere on the envelope, along with stamps and the receiver address? Anything extra i need to put there? Can i just drop it in the red post box or i have to lodge it at the po?
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

The smaller sticker should go on a lodgement receipt. The registered sticker on the letter should ensure a signature is obained by the recipient, but in order for you to be able to prove the letter was sent with the article ID etc, you need to fill out a form (showing the delivery name and address, your name / signature, and the date) then have that stamped at the PO when you lodge the letter (image showing the form in the spoiler below - the spot for the article ID sticker is at the top left).

I ask for spare forms at the post office so I have some at home to fill out beforehand, but in a pinch you can print them out from an AP PDF available online (individual slips, 4 to a page). I can't link to the PDF as that will make funny things happen to my post, but if you google:

G&M4475 8836964 Lodge4up v4 - Australia Post

it should be the top result. 

Spoiler
lodgement receipt.JPG

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

yoko.yty
Community Member
So that mean when i have to post anything registered i stilll need to visit the post shop myself :s
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Never put anything that needs tracking in a red street box.

Always, always lodge over the counter

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

yoko.yty
Community Member
Went to the post shop after work today for this. The lady (who is always not friendly) said if i lodge in the po in person, i will get tracking details straight away. But if i just pop in red box, the tracking details wont b available after few days. Not sure if this is real... I dont need to fill in any forms and i dont get any receipt...
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

@yoko.yty wrote:
Went to the post shop after work today for this. The lady (who is always not friendly) said if i lodge in the po in person, i will get tracking details straight away. But if i just pop in red box, the tracking details wont b available after few days. Not sure if this is real... I dont need to fill in any forms and i dont get any receipt...

I would ignore the advice to put a registered letter in a street box, personally - Aus Post staff should know better, JMHO.

The reason being, registered is a bit different to a parcel with tracking. It's not actually even sold as a trackable service, though 99% of the time it will provide tracking results on the website and on eBay (if scanned), but registered isn't just tracked, it requires signature on delivery and includes up to $100 compensation for loss or damage (in limited circumstances).

It will not give you proof of postage unless you have a stamped lodgement form, nor will you be eligible for compensation if the article is lost and never recorded as lodged.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

My local PO has not had those forms available since about the beginning of last year.  I take a list with me with the Tracking number sticker attached below each address (where applicable, as my list also includes all large letters) and the staff stamp each address for me as proof of postage.

I was quite annoyed when they stopped using the forms, but at the end of the day I do still have a record so it's no big deal

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I completely agree! 

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Never put anything that needs tracking in a red street box.

Always, always lodge over the counter

Great advice Stawks...

If you fail to lodge tracked items over the counter and get the lodgement scan you leave yourself wide open to late delivery defects and claims of item not received (whether genuine or scammers). This is because items dropped into street boxes most often do not get scanned until delivery time and sometimes not even then. Without that proof of postage (lodgement scan) inside your stated handling time you could have trouble.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

yoko.yty
Community Member
I lodged the registered post package at Parramatta PO around 4.30 at the counter on Tuesday. I entered the article id in tracking but still nothing else show up just the date time and where i lodged it ๐Ÿ˜•
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply