Anyway to warn other Sellers about PAINFUL CUSTOMER???

Is there anyway at all to warn other sellers about a particular customer who has bought nothing but instead likes to bid and retract bids repeatedly and pester you with questions for months on end?

I have finally blocked this person and hoping this sort of experience is rare. I'm only a very very small seller, trying to make space in my house given I've got a family... I'm always courteous and try to be prompt and professional, but this latest string of emails is like some kind of head game on the seller! I've had the "no communication - don't pay" customer, that's fine, and I've had the "pay and then change the mind" customer but never had the "I'm going to screw with your brain" customer before. My items are all second hand, I've not had any bad feedback and try to give detailed descriptions of any faults. This woman has asked for multiple photographs on top of the multiple photographs I've already given (which I ALREADY gave her) and asked me to lower the price (already very cheap).

I don't want other new sellers to go through this too, is there anyway I can warn other sellers without breaching privacy guidelines? This person shouldn't be allowed on ebay full stop but as far as I know it's impossible to give bad feedback without an actual sale going through. I understand long time sellers would probably be used to this sort of thing, but new sellers and very very small sellers may not be and it's quite unnecessary that we should go through this.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I feel your pain.

But unfortunately I don't believe there is any way to publicly out such a buyer.

You cannot do it here on this forum. The mods will remove any post with name-and-shame in it.

The Facebook Ebay Sellers group is a little more liberal with this kind of thing. You might try there.

I, for one, will see such a post over there.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

There is a Facebook page dedicated to this. I'm probably not allowed to name it but it has blocked bidders in the title.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

I feel your pain.

But unfortunately I don't believe there is any way to publicly out such a buyer.

You cannot do it here on this forum. The mods will remove any post with name-and-shame in it.

The Facebook Ebay Sellers group is a little more liberal with this kind of thing. You might try there.

yes, it is against the rules to name and shame.

What some members do when they want other members to know who they might be posting about is to put the member on their eBay followed member list and say in their post " the member with XXX number of feedback on my followed member list".  Then, others can look at who the poster is following through the poster's feedback page.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I wouldn't worry too much.

Most new sellers don't come on the messageboards so realistically, wouldn't see any warning  even if you were able to name & shame.

Plus I suspect a lot of sellers (experienced or not) will be  alot less patient than you have been, they won't answer politely for months on end & will eventually ignore or just tell this person to shove off.

The more experienced sellers will have her on the blocked list if she starts bothering them.

From what I have seen, there are a few 'buyers' with issues who do leave trouble in their wake-they bid on dozens of things but rarely pay or they retract bids over and over or they don't bid on anything but make ridiculous offers when offers weren't even invited.

It's no better on gumtree. Probably worse actually.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

I feel your pain.

I don't think I belong to that page any more. It was great in the early days for that reason, but then they decided they'd revamp it and now it's just pages and pages of people's ads. It was getting really hard to see genuine posts from all the ads. It was the same few people flooding it on a daily basis. I could only put up with looking at so many identical listings in one day (usually clothes)!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

You could google badbuyerlist.org and see what comes up. Not necessarily recommending it, just answering your enquiry.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

One person's PITA is another person's excellent buyer.

I certainly don't block on the say so of another seller. Who knows what personal interaction sparks might have flown?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I agree, I would only block based on my own experience or on the advice of experienced, reliable  board posters.

If a member constantly cancels bids report them to ebay, they have in the past suspended members for doing this, sometimes quite unfairly.

Why woulld you waste your time answering multiple questions and picture requests, buyers get one chance with me, if they don't ask everything they want to know on first contact they are blocked and ignored. I would certainly block and ignore any buyer who asked me to drop my price, if I was happy to sell for less I would have listed lower.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I upset a couple recently when they asked about discounts/offers and I put them on my BBL. One sent another question and said they didn't understand why I would have blocked them.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply