Are there any benefits for sellers anymore?

I am wondering if there are any benefits for sellers anymore. 

Everytime ebay bring in some new policy if negatively affects sellers.

Raising the fvf. to 9.9%

Postage fees.

Removing the negative feedback button

Defect system.

Now the 180 money back guarantee

also all the glitches and carp.

I know some of those things ultimately can also affect buyers too.

when is it going to end? when are sellers going to get a fair deal?

The balance seems to have shifted so far towards buyers, i feel it will tip completely over.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

The answer is 'no'  😞

The more you try, the harder it gets .....

.... maybe free insertion promotion NEXT week ??

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

to be honest,i really loved ebay once.it was sooooo much fun buying and selling....NOT ANY MORE   😞

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Simply no. Selling on ebay is no longer worth the pain in the **bleep** its become.

in ebays fight to get rid of all the small seller they have completly forgot many of these small sellers are also buyers.

now ebay has made it as clear to all small sellers are no longer wanted here why would the same wish to buy here.

buyers brought here because prices where always well under recommended retail price. but added fvf postage fees pay pal fees added to most prices now ebay is no longer the place to get bargans at all.

but what ended ebays worth is this stupid  180 days refund policy completly out of control madness.

for years and years pay pal was 45 days which even then was thought by most far to long but worked with it.

what ebay should have done is changed the policy only for overseas transactions because far to many overseas sellers strung along buyers intill the 45 days expired there i can see sence in making 180 days visable but postage within australia 45 days is more than fair time. i said before and will say it again i wont list here again and have not done so since start of this month and as ebay dont care i also wont buy again on ebay because if im not welcome to sell i dont wish to buy 

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I'm with you 4myson ....... I used to love watching my balancing increasing, every time I looked .... the thrill when several people bid on my items ....

The only pleasure I find, is the several regulars who keep coming back .... and that's about all .... such a shame  😞

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I would accept and put up with ALL their unfair seller policies you mentioned, IF ONLY sales were good.

But they are not, they are rubbish, you have to just about give anything away on eBay to sell it now and that is BEFORE one pays their disgusting fee grab on postage.

Search problems, visibility problems, terrible customer support phone waiting times, sellers (who were buyers as well) leaving or getting booted out in droves under their callous and unfair defect sysytem, lack of views, lack of sales.

Read some of the community boards in the UK and USA and you will see thread after thread complaining about poor sales.

Auctions are a dead duck unless you have something really unusual.

I cannot remember the last time I saw an advert on TV ( or anywhere else for that matter) for eBay.

Apparently a new advert is coming out soon, not before time..

I have managed to keep my eBay sales up by heavy discounting, but there is just no profit margin anymore.

Sad to see what this great site has now become for sellers..

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I agree... there is not much upside anymore for the seller... It is also twice the effort that it use to be... thankfully we have other options, otherwise it would be depressing  🙂 

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

the_hendo69
Community Member

I too am getting really annoyed with eBay - I accepted their postage fee grab and have noticed sales are dropping off but this month with no extra free listings and BS offers for selling iPhones and now a Wine voucher - WTH eBay!

You do not get more profit buy charging your sellers more, you get it by encouring more sales and business.

Sigh - It's almost not worth the effort anymore - I guess I'll have more time only doing 40 listings a month instead of 200+

Wake up eBay - You clearly don't have a clue!

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/8e09025f/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I agree, I wonder if they have NO clue or they have worked out their new market at the cost of some of us - who it's not viable for anymore?
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Clearly you have to sell for nothing for the purpose of ebay and Australia Post grabbing fees.  Masses of garbage from Asia flooding the little guys out. No buyers either.  No doubt due to postage costs.  Best to open an outside site and give ebay the flick. It's cheap enough to do. 

I'm disappointed.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply