Auction item in reach engine rank.

have a auction item, use two ways to search it's rank in search engine results, the result was different !

did someone know why?

1. do not use the search function at top of your page,

just go - shop by category ( at top left)-fashion - women-see all - pants, my auction item was not there,

the search based on 7789 items.

2. go to the search function, typed in pant , my auction item was in there and the search based on 9900 items,

all other conditions was same, result was in "auction only" rank list, and the  auction item ending time within one hour.

you may pick one item up to see if you can repeat this.

only can guess out that about 2000 items would be same result as my item, and did not be put in the search data range in option 1.

any idea to improved ? thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

any computer expert , please help

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking here but search results & ranking can change depending on a few things.

Can be the amount of defects that will lower you ranking.

Other sellers new listings may go to the top.

If you search by auction only then all the Buy It Now listings will be removed for that search so your listing placements will change.

Maybe word your post a bit clearer on what you mean exactly.I don't quite get it but had a go since you had no answers yet.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Seems you have posted about search rankings before.My only guess is the obvious,that with 61 neutrals & 42 negs in 12 months that your defect rate would be getting you pushed down the ranks.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The results just reflect two different searchs.

The first reflects the results for a subcategory within a category search.

The second reflects the results for a key word search - which won't always include all the items that are shown in a category search.

Even without best match, the ranking of your listing is highly likely to differ based on the type of search chosen.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply