Aus Post Tracking not updating .. i'm worried.

This is my partner's account but we both use it however this is my first time that i personally have sold stuff on ebay. On monday i sent off a post parcel, just a regular padded parcel with the thing the person bought, with the package i got a tracking number. Though it's now been 4 days and the tracking number still says that it was just accepted from me at my post office and hasn't changed in 4 days. I am worried about the parcel, i assume by now that it should have moved from my local post office. Has anyone else had this happen to them?, is it just that some people at aus post are lazy and don't scan the parcels to say where it is? Or should i be really worried that something has happened to it..oh please don't say to be worried.

- Alicia

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Hi Alicia

Yes I had this happen to me last week with 2 items. The nimrod at the post office had not scanned the parcels. This week I have also had a parcel accepted but no tracking until the item came up as delivered. I wouldnt worry yet, give it a few more days. If you are still concerned then call Aus Post they will look into it for you. Thats what I did. Relax for the moment.

Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 69
Latest reply

With some of the Auspost tracking products e.g Receipted Delivery for one, the only scan events recorded are when you lodge it at the post office and then when it goes through the local delivery centre at the receiving end (usually early on the morning of the delivery day, and then a "delivered" scan later that day - you don't get intermediate scans along the way - so if you are sending it across the country there will be 4-5 days with no scan after you lodge it.

Message 3 of 69
Latest reply

It is quite usual for tracking not to show anything until it has been delivered however I qwould never rely on thr regular parcel or red satchel tracking without signature required, much safer and cheaper to use click & send and know you are covered.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 69
Latest reply

I lodged & paid for a registered letter last Monday, tracking this morn still says 'No events currently found'.  This is going to a remote country PO.

I have had this problem before & the first I knew where the item was, was when it reached the adressee's address or PO or postal centre.

At times I have had trackable packages arrive with no tracking info whatsoever (only knew about one because the buyer left feedback).  Evidently some country PO's have no tracking ability.

I have been going in to the tracking page & filling in the buyer's email address as well as mine for notices, but this week that seems to have been taken off the options.

Message 5 of 69
Latest reply

I have one with the following events....

29/07/13 06:43     On board with driver for delivery today

29/07/13 05:47     In Transit

25/07/13 10:15     Received by Australia Post 

I have tried emailing the buyer to see if she has received the parcel, but have not received a reply so don't want to bother her again. i can only presume she has received it.

I think if Australia Post is going to offer tracking they should use it properly or not at all IMHO.

Good luck

Katrina 

Message 6 of 69
Latest reply

Rather wondering why anyone is checking the tracking, I only look if a buyer contacts me to say they have not received their parcel. Usually it shows as still in transit or waiting at the PO for collection, I send the buyer the link to the tracking and that is usually the last I hear from them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 69
Latest reply

whilst some events may show if scanned, tracking is not a feature of a registered post letter

Message 8 of 69
Latest reply

I regularly check tracking details for parcels sent and received - no biggy - takes but a couple of seconds.

Message 9 of 69
Latest reply

I have one too.

Customer claims not received yet, and according to Aust POst it's been given to the postie on the 7th?????

But they can't verify delivery  Cat Frustrated

07/08/13 06:43     On board with driver for delivery today

07/08/13 05:47     In Transit

29/07/13 10:15     Received by Australia Post

Message 10 of 69
Latest reply