Aus Post Tracking not updating .. i'm worried.

This is my partner's account but we both use it however this is my first time that i personally have sold stuff on ebay. On monday i sent off a post parcel, just a regular padded parcel with the thing the person bought, with the package i got a tracking number. Though it's now been 4 days and the tracking number still says that it was just accepted from me at my post office and hasn't changed in 4 days. I am worried about the parcel, i assume by now that it should have moved from my local post office. Has anyone else had this happen to them?, is it just that some people at aus post are lazy and don't scan the parcels to say where it is? Or should i be really worried that something has happened to it..oh please don't say to be worried.

- Alicia

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Welcome to the world of monumental stuff-ups by our only postal service here in Australia Alicia. You will gradually learn to turn a blind eye to their so-called 'tracking'  and so-called 'services'. - It simply doesn;t work for either us or them. If you approach you local PO with all the necessary information and various bits of paper etc. and give it to them, even they can't find it or track it. You just need to have some sort of blind faith and hope like heck it eventually gets there.

Message 11 of 69
Latest reply

Sorry for a late reply. Thank you everyone who replied. I checked the tracking again on friday and it tankfully it had updated with In transit and then later on that night with that the person recieved it.

With it being my first time selling and posting an item of value that wasn't to a family member, i just kept checking the tracking to make sure it made it safe as i know some buyers don't like to leave feedback and i don't wish to bother people in case that would annoy them.

I am sorry to hear that other people have had issues with the aus post tracking, i personally hadnt had an issue with it before then though this was my first time sending via regular and not expresss like i do with family.

I am now looking into other postage options especially for items of greater value that i wish to sell in future. I am greatful that, that item finally got there and the tracking was updated, i feel happier to know that the person got what they bought.

Message 12 of 69
Latest reply

Hi
i agree...i have sent and bought things and AUS POST just cant find them...it makes us look bad as sellers and we question the buyer when we dont get parcel or cant find it.
always "in transit"...i mean honestly is it doing a world trip before it gets here!!
AUS POST USELESS...you sign up to tracking but it doesnt help you..i have had so much go missing or in transit then arrives next day..
I dont know why we all pay extra for sig and /or tracking when it makes absolutely no difference to time frame or secures item by tracking number..agree re post staff..dont care unless you paying for a parcel then they weigh to the slightest milligram.
System needs to be overhauled and more customer friendly..
Kellie
hey maybe WE should go on strike!!!
They need competition so tney actually have to help customers but as it is they dont need to...hmmm

Message 13 of 69
Latest reply

I think people should stop assuming that that the workers at Australia Post are lazy. I've never had a problem, either recieving post or sending it. Parcel I sent to the NT last week only took 3 days. They are underpaid and under staffed and if you think somehow that inviting private capital (competition) will improve services then your all dreaming. So what if something takes a few more days longer than you think, it is Christmas time. Get over it and support those workers who run our Post Offices and deliver our mail.

Message 14 of 69
Latest reply

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. My experience with Aust. Post both as a buyer & a Seller has been TERRIBLE!!! My local PO Staff are so slow that I often have to line them up with a fixed object to see if they are actually moving.....It doesn't matter that the line of Customers waiting to be served stretches way out the door & down the footpath, they just don't care & continue to move at their usual snails pace.

When parcels go missing, which is VERY often, all I get is a blank look & a "Don't worry, it'll probably turn up", but they rarely do.

When I phone to lodge a Missing Parcel Report, the Tracking Number is of no use as all they have is the same info I can see on the Site & I'm lucky to hear back again. If I remember rightly they increased the prices to introduce this useless system but but nothing has changed.

I tried to use Click & Send, but the Site is full of glitches & the Tracking Numbers it assigns are not used anyway. The local Staff put a sticker over it or scratch the Bar Code out with a marking pen because their Readers can't read it & don't recognise the number.

I use DHL to bring stock in from England & they take 3 days to get it to Brisbane & through Customs. Unfortunately they then give it to Aust. Post & it takes a further 6 or 7 working days to travel the last 600klms & often only some or none arrives.

VERY disappointing !!!!!!

Message 15 of 69
Latest reply

thank god for this thread..... i've only just started selling too, and i posted somethng on monday, its now thursday and 'no events recorded' for the tracking number... stressing me out!

Message 16 of 69
Latest reply

That's why it is always best to lodge over the counter and get a lodgement receipt.

Message 17 of 69
Latest reply

It happens all the time.

Message 18 of 69
Latest reply

Totally agree with that.

Recent post to WA on 14th April.  As always over the counter, and have tracking number.  7 days later, check via Aust Post web site - no information other than lodgement at PO.  Leave it 3 more days - same result.  (I had become aware that there had been a train derailment somewhere across the Nullabor on the 10th, and figured, yeah that could affect things).  However on day 11 decided to ring Aust Post.  Investigation instigated, reference number, etc., then another 4 days - positive result.  Parcel delivered. Late due to the backlog caused by the train derailment.  

But I was at least able to keep my buyer informed on what I had put in place.  Item received was happily used that same night.

My opinion is, best seller 'protection' is to lodge over the counter at the local PO, keep your receipt with tracking number, track it, and if there seems to be any sort of hiccup, ring and instigate an investigation, and inform your buyer as to what you have put in place.   You, as the seller are seen to be doing everything you can to ensure the buyers item gets from you to them.

Just noticed this was an old thread, however, I believe Davewil's comments and mine are as relevent then as they are now.

Message 19 of 69
Latest reply

I have had a simular experince. A particular seller has provided me with a ''tracking number'' with the item. As I checked the tracking number numerous of times, it has not came up with anything. The same thing has been happening over and over. The seller has told me that the tracking number will only be able to updated when it arrives at local deport or what ever. As I used to work at Australia Post, with every tracking number you receive from a buyer, it is ment to say ''Austrlian Post approved paper work''. It should not state for 4 days or more ''No events currently found''. As I contacted Australia Post to discuss this matter, the Auspost officer has stated that they have not received anything or any paper work. So theres obviously theres a problem with a seller. As I checked his rating on his/hers profile, I have noticed that in his/hers feedback is quite terrible regaurding not receiving the product or taking forever for the product to arrive to its destination. 
I think ecrebay should review everyones bad history, if a seller gets to much bad feedback, they should be banned for life for selling **bleep** on ebay. 

Message 20 of 69
Latest reply