Auspost taking weeks to deliver domestic letters....Sales way down....

Auspost taking weeks to deliver domestic letters....

Last week after earlier refunding a nice customer, the letter then shows up after 28 days and it only went 40km.

Now i get 2 more today asking where there letters are after 2 weeks in the post, one 50km away and the other 15km.

Auspost has a recording saying there are delays but this is rediculous. There goes my top rating...

Ebay should send out a blanket email when this happens so people know.

And on top of that domestic sales are way down.... Did someone drop the ball......Usually so calm but getting really P#$%&** off now.

Its making selling here so not worth it.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Most of my items go as a large letter.

It's often worth getting the Signature on Delivery option as an extra if you can warrrant the cost because at least then item can be tracked (extra $3.80 I think).

Add extra days to your handling time. Mine is set for 5 days as it gives me a lot of padding. If you read my feedback comments, many say how "quick" the postage was! I still have top-rated seller status, even with the extra handling time.

I have not had a late delivery or non-delivery in over 12 months.

I do agree that domestic sales are down though - I'm 48% lower than this time last year. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 2 of 73
Latest reply

I have had a lot of complaints for delivery times over the last couple of weeks as well. I don't get heaps of defects for it though, my guess is customers don't bother leaving feedback at all if delivery is slow, never to be heard from again. I have definately lost money from it.

I also get the emails about I only live such and such from you it shouldn't take this long. I just send my standard email, while grinding my teeth together. They obviously feel bad when their order arrives the next day and leave glowing feedback.

I really hate the emails like "I need this by Friday" on wednesday, yeh thats going to happen, choose express if you need it.

What really bothers me now is those priority letter stamps don't stick properly.

Message 3 of 73
Latest reply

I started another thread on this Board about the same issue.  I am up to 16 missing or very late large letters over the last three weeks and the list grows by the day.  Australia Post state there are delays in the PARCEL network but nothing in the regular letter mail.  I know of 16 but I don't know of the other 100 posted during the same period where I have not yet received feedback.  I have complained to the Commonwealth Ombudsman today due to AP's lack of explaination or investigation - will keep you posted.  I have extended my handling time to 3 days but this would not have avoided late defects as they are 5-15 days late. 

Message 4 of 73
Latest reply

I didn't see or hear anything about delays in the parcel network. Not that it didn't happen.

I thought it was BS and an accounting thing that they treated parcels and letters differently. But now it seems like **bleep**. Like load a truck up with parcels but leave the letters for another day.

Who elects the CEO of AusPost? Usually it is shareholders, but the government owns all the shares. 

Message 5 of 73
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

I thought it was BS and an accounting thing that they treated parcels and letters differently. But now it seems like **bleep**. Like load a truck up with parcels but leave the letters for another day.

Actually, they are treated differently.  Most letter post goes by airmail to anywhere in Australia whereas parcels are treated as road freight unless you pay a premium to have them sent Express.

I reguarly have letters from the next suburb take 11 days to arrive.  Admittedly they are not sent with the 50c surcharge but that is ridiculous.

Message 6 of 73
Latest reply

I sent 10 books / 10 large letters and some got delivered the next day in the same state!

Meanwhile, a letter from a hospital for a family member was so late that it arrived after the appointment date had occured.

Message 7 of 73
Latest reply

I came on here to see if anyone is feeling the pinch of Aus Post lack of service in deliveries as I am getting messages daily now about missing items. I use PB2's, print the addresser and addressee's on a label and stick them on. So not hand written, and they go as a large letter. All within thickness spec, or right on it. I post around 15- 25 of these daily, along with parcels. 

I am at a loss on how to go about this. I'm yet to receive any negs, not that negs concern me much, its the money I am wasting sending out replacements.

I also rang AP about this, thye pretty much had nothing to say apart from, well you should put tracking and insurance on your goods then... **bleep**! They really have NO idea. I put tracking and insurance on a sub $10 item, I will never sell it. 

I know I am taking the risk of it going missing, or the customer just plain lying. I take that into account and are willing to write off so much to do this. But now its just getting stupid. Its gone from maybe one a month to daily now.

Message 8 of 73
Latest reply

Unfortunately letters are taking a long time so you have to build into your business plan that you must send every letter with the 50c priority label.   Either increase your selling price or increase your postage price.  

Also make sure your handling time on all your listings is at least 4 days.   That will give you more of a breathing space.

Message 9 of 73
Latest reply

You can add my 7 missing letter rate items to the growing list. All posted from Tasmania to 7 different Victorian addresses between 7-12th Oct. So far we have only had issues with Victorian addresses, but tomorrow is another day!

After no delivery issues for many months, I am getting at least 1 'where is my item' request per day. All these items were posted within hours of payment, and there is seemingly nothing I can do about it except apologise/refund/ask for patience etc.

Crazy that we now pay so much more for an inferior service that used to be cheaper, more reliable and take only 2-3 working days.

And ultimately we (the seller) get the blame, like its all our fault that Australia Post cannot do its job properly.

I wish I knew what was going on.

Message 10 of 73
Latest reply