Aust Post Investigation Outcome as Proof of Delivery ??

mmm .... still mulling over eBays new proof of delivery requirement.......

What will be accepted as proof of delivery? 

If a buyer opens a request about an item they haven't received, you can resolve the request by providing proof of delivery. We ask you to provide tracking information that shows:

• The delivery status of the item as delivered.
  • The date of delivery (which shows you sent the item within your stated handling time).
  • The buyer's address, displaying at least the town/city or postal code of the address shown on either the Order Details page or PayPal's Transaction Details page.
  • For items valued at $750 or more, proof of the recipient's signature.

Oz Post has certainly increased its scans of tracking, however it is not something that is a given or low risk enough for me to leave to the postal gods and goddesses.

So what I think I will do each and every time a parcel does not track as delivered and a buyer opens a eBay money back guarantee case is open an Australia Post investigation, and request their written confirmation that item was delivered Cat Happy

Not sure what happens in the meantime as eBay seem to want to race these cases through a quick timeline, and Australia Post investigations are pretty slow in comparison .... and AP just might be getting a whole lot busier during November and December.

If eBay don't let Oz Posts due process take its course that will be interesting too Cat Frustrated

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

How is this any more onerous than the Paypal seller protection? It just adds the address as shown in the order details as the ebay protection covers Paymate and direct credit card payments as well as Paypal.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 46
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

How is this any more onerous than the Paypal seller protection? It just adds the address as shown in the order details as the ebay protection covers Paymate and direct credit card payments as well as Paypal.

Significantly more onerous as PROOF OF DELIVERY required for eBay buyer protection is not in my control unless I add a $2.95 additional charge to my parcels.

Do you even bother to read posts before you comment ? or do you just read the title and guess the content.

Message 3 of 46
Latest reply

I always use Signature on Delivery (which is a cost NOT shown on the postage label) and in the past 5 months 3 parcels have gone AWOL.. One is yet to be recovered by Australia Post. One was delivered to a totally different address and signed for by the delivery person apparently, one addressed interstate was delivered to my own suburb to an unknown address - it took several weeks to locate both.Both had been fully refunded on to the buyers, and they then repaid. The third, still missing, was tracked to a depot then disappeared off the radar. I've refunded the buyer with both postage and purchase price. The hassle to claim for damage or loss with AP these days is so time consuming and lengthy that it sometimes simply isn't worth it.

If Ebay is going to simply refund, or hold funds as pending then they are acting as agents, should be obliged to set up a trust account and register their business in Australia. 

They may not like that - then they would have to pay GST!

Message 4 of 46
Latest reply

If you use the ebay labels or click & send then you have your proof of delivery chackable on line. You only need signature on delivery for items over $750 which I woulld hope any seller would use anyway.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 46
Latest reply

Not all parcels are scanned as delivered though.

While many are - many are not.

Message 6 of 46
Latest reply

Cats - if a buyer receives a parcel which is trackable, even if it is not scanned, it is rarely a buyer will claim INR.

Usually if they are not scanned as delivered it is either because they are waiting to be collected, which shows on the tracking site. or the parcel has got lost in the system.

In the case of lost parcels unless an AP investigation finds the parcel (which doesn't seem to happen very often) then AP will be unable to provide a letter showing proof of delivery.

Message 7 of 46
Latest reply

I agree that it is currently not an issue under the current system - I hardly have any missing parcels anymore, and if I did, I would usually refund without hesitation.

BUT under the new system that eBay is introducing we are on target to have a vastly different " buyer experience" (gag) such as this that is happening in the US as I post....

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2014/9/1411432802.html

New Picture.jpg

It is a different trading environment all together that eBay is creating .... IMO sellers are being set up to FAIL big time....

Message 8 of 46
Latest reply

Further to my post above ... IMO the way eBay is travelling and taking sellers with them plants a seed with buyers that JUST AIN'T THERE currently with the BIG BLUE BUTTON promoting  RETURN THIS ITEM.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts Jen on the possibility of the big blue RETURN THIS ITEM button being added to buyers myeBay page as a positve step for this trading environment.

Message 9 of 46
Latest reply

Cats - from a buyers perspective it probably is a positive but not so from a sellers.

At the end of the day the majority of buyers have purchased an item as that is what they want so unless there is a genuine reason for returning the item then I really can't see the majority of buyers going to the trouble of sending an item back just for the sake of it.

There will always be a very small minority who will abuse the system but they do that already.

I work on the principle that 99% of people are honest and as long as I continue to do the right thing by my buyers I don't really envisage much changing with the new system.

Message 10 of 46
Latest reply