Aust Post Saturday opening

Sellers should be aware that some Aust Post offices are open on Saturday now.... the only issue is that there is no postal pick up on Saturdays at some post offices.  

This means;

that if you send an item say express on Saturday it will still not go until the Monday and be delivered Tuesday

I am unsure if the eBay system will change the est time for delivery if this is the case making delivery times very inaccurate.

Lindy
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Our local PO has always opened on Saturday.  

If I have a satchel/parcel postI post it in the Mail Box outside the PO and it's collected on Sunday night.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

There has always been some PO's and LPO's that opened on Saturday mornings. Considering that it's not all PO's and mail still won't go anywhere until Monday I doubt anything will change as far as time frames are concerned on ebay.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

My local A.P Waratah has opened Saturday for ages.I think the mail does go on the Saturday as it seems to arrive quicker than if i posted on the Monday.

They also open on a Sunday til 12 i think but i was told it won't move til the Monday.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Aust Post do a street box clearance in most areas on a Sunday afternoon / evening

About 70% of PO's were already open on a saturday morning anyhow as they are in reality LPO's

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for comments to date BUT All would be wise in asking the question of the PO then

"If I lodge an express at the PO on the Saturday or Sunday will it arrive Monday !"

Lindy
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Not sure why there is debate really, if you read the guarantee you will see there is no change if the post office is actually open saturday or even sunday.

To Quote "Delivery is guaranteed within the next business day networks, provided your envelope is posted on any business day Mondy to friday in accordance with conditions."

So this specifically rules out Saturday or Sunday in the guarantee

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Our PO has always been open on Saturday morning but mail does not leave the PO till Monday.

Mail is collected from the red letterbox outside the PO on Sunday evening.

Most of the Australia Post guarantees of delivery are put in terms of Business Days to allow for the POs that are not open at weekends.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Our town PO had the open Saturday sign up today. I asked if the mail is collected over the weekend and they said no, same as usual.

Another customer in there said "What's the point of opening on Saturday then!"

An advantage could be for people who work Mon- Fri 9-5pm,  they can get to the PO on Sat morn.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Yeah my post office where I live (small town) is open on Saturdays, but there is a sign up inside behind the counter saying:

Please Note: Mail Pick Up Times: Monday - Friday 5pm, ONLY! 

When I use to live in Melbourne (2 years ago) I was also informed when I asked about mail being posted on Saturday that it wasn't picked up til Monday morning. I think it differs depending on location.

I know most post office open Saturday for people to pay bills, as we have all read in the newspapers and on the net, how Australia Post is struggling with letters and parcels(which I find strange since more Aussies are shopping online), and making their money through being agents for banks and for utility companies.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply