Aust Post website says 2 to 6 business days to deliver but ebay say

my customer will get in on or before Friday so only 2 days.

Customer purchase late last night  so can't post until today Wednesday but it has to be there on or before Friday by normal letter post.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Another example of Ebay's totally unrealistic time frames.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

I'd hazard a guess that it is because you have the Premium Service Badge and Fast n Free showing.  That means you have your handling time to Same Day or 1 Day, therefore eBay use the minimum AP time frame for their estimate.  If you push out your handling time to 3 days, the estimate will be somewhat better (but still not realistic).  I have seen no change to sales performance since I stopped chasing the badges.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Yes i still have 1 day handling, I'm trying to see how long I can keep my premium service for but it is stressful so probable not worth the hassle.
Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Have to agree with Penny, no benefit with the badges they mean nothing, except added stress trying keep them.
Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

@iscrap76 wrote:

my customer will get in on or before Friday so only 2 days.

Customer purchase late last night  so can't post until today Wednesday but it has to be there on or before Friday by normal letter post.

If it is local it should get there Friday if posted today but having that stamped in stone is a bit rough. If it was not an instant defect it would not be so bad but basically things do go wrong and eBay want to punish sellers for something totally out of their control 

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

We pushed our handling time out to three days. Yes we lost the little badge in doing so but cannot notice any sudden downturn in sales by doing this. But it does give us some breathing space on delivery estimates as we continue to mail same day anyway.
Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

750 Kms away so not local
Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

@iscrap76 wrote:
750Kms away so not local

No where near local for me local is approx 60km to possibly 90km and that is the range for 2 day delivery for me. 750k could take 4-6 days easy.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

i will put a priority stamp on and have sent them an email explaining ebays estimates.
Message 10 of 28
Latest reply