Aust Post website says 2 to 6 business days to deliver but ebay say

my customer will get in on or before Friday so only 2 days.

Customer purchase late last night  so can't post until today Wednesday but it has to be there on or before Friday by normal letter post.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I think ebay estimates are also assuming parcel post is used, therefore faster delivery than you would expect with standard letters?  They are pushing tracking on everything.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

@iscrap76 wrote:

my customer will get in on or before Friday so only 2 days.

Customer purchase late last night  so can't post until today Wednesday but it has to be there on or before Friday by normal letter post.

Strange thing is I just looked att your listings and I am only about 220km away and the est delivery time showing is Mon. 15 Feb. and Thu. 18 Feb which I think is about right 

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

This is because you are QLD so from top of NSW to Brisbane area is ok for the estimates, but from me to anywhere in VIC will have the same estimates as I have for you as it is in the next state, they don't take into account were I'm in my state and where you are in the state. 

I don't worry about using the priority stamp when I'm posting to the Brisbane area.

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

yes as far as eBay are concerned there is no such thing as letter post
Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

@iscrap76 wrote:
Yes i still have 1 day handling, I'm trying to see how long I can keep my premium service for but it is stressful so probable not worth the hassle.

The best thing i ever did with Ebay was to extend my handling time from 1 day to 3 days, it's like having holiday so much less stress.

The badge doesen't seem to mean a great deal to buyers.

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

Where are you looking for the estimated delivery?

if on the sale email, or the link from, it uses YOUR postcode.

Look at 'View Order details' in the dropdown next to the item in your sold list.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

As far as Australia Post is concerned, no-one mails letters anymore. Because of course, everyone wants to use an $8.25 prepaid satchel or a $9.10 BX1 box ($1.65 + $7.45 Parcel Post, not even counting the cost of bubble wrap) for a $4 DVD with free postage rather than putting two stamps on a large envelope or bubble mailer!

They might be correct about the decline in regular paper material being sent by mail (handwritten letters, birthday cards, printed material), but I'm sure sending large letters has increased tenfold over the years.

I'm also starting to think that the 151x229mm PB2 padded bag/bubble mailer size was deliberately chosen to be ever-so-slightly too small to fit a DVD* in order for people to use Parcel Post! Hence the widespread use of non-AP 160x230mm mailers (and yes, the bubble wrap lining does make a difference compared to plain paper and so-called "tough" bags, at least when it comes to sending flimsy old DVD cases, or worse, brittle CD cases which shatter like glass).

* Yes, you can fit a DVD/Blu-Ray case in a PB2 mailer, but it's a very tight fit and not recommended since you're just asking for the case to get crushed or cracked. That or the mailer will tear itself apart when trying to fit them in there, which I have had happen before.
Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

in their listing I put their postcode in to get the estimate
Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

just sold an item to go to 2230 - in the listing I put their postcode and it says

On or before Mon. 15 Feb. to 2230 per eBay FAST 'N FREE

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

i recommend looking at the 'View Order Details'. THAT is what the customer sees when they buy.

Or don't. Your ulcer.

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply