Australia Post Express Network

Does anyone have a link to the express network postcodes for Australia Post? As in a pdf.

They seem to have changed the website around and all I can find and use is the postage calculator. I have been using express post quite regularly and they are mostly late.....

I now plan on going back through a heap of tracking number from the last few months and checking what was delivered on time. Each express satchel is worth about $10 so it is well worth it to get replacements.

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Are you sure that the recipients are in the Express Post Network?

I can't believe that so many of your items are late.....if both of you are in the Network it should be next business day delivery.

Try Googling Express Post Network Postcodes.....sometimes that will take you to what you want when it is not obvious on the AP website.

Message 2 of 59
Latest reply

Yes, the AP website has certainly made it hard to find the delivery areas, postcode to postcode, by Express Post... well it is not as easy as it once was !

Go to Aust. Post website.

In the search bar put in "DELIVERY AREAS WITHIN AUSTRALIA"

When that page appears, just scroll down a fair way to where it says

EXPRESS POST DELIVERY POST CODES

Click on that and all is revealed.

I have a sneaky suspicion that they have JUST put this information up on their website, as I have been looking for it myself for the past few weeks, since the beginning of January.

All the website said was...... "80% of all postcodes in Australia will be covered by Express Post next day Guarantee"

Very vague !

Pretty sure I have missed out on a few replacement satchels for late delivery in that time...but what can you do  ??!!

Message 3 of 59
Latest reply

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html

about haslf way down tha page 0is that any good?

Message 4 of 59
Latest reply

Its been on the website for years (literally YEAARRSSSSS)... but its been in different formats (such as PDF, website page etc) and in different locations during that time.  Google has always brought it up for me.

Message 5 of 59
Latest reply

I finally found them. It takes clicking through multiple pages to get to (as in here is the express post network / no it's not, I have to scroll down and click here is the express post network again.. I have been checking them and I think about 1/4 of them are being delivered late. Possibly the mail is being picked up before the "official" pickup time, but I usually get there about half an hour prior.

Message 6 of 59
Latest reply

I got a quote to post a parcel of stuff I'd sold  via AP and then tried sendle and sendle was 1/7 of the price plus they pick up the parcel!

Message 7 of 59
Latest reply

And what does this have to do with the Australia Post Express Post network?

Once members wake up to the fact that Sendle is just a broker/agent for Couriers Please and Fastways and a few other couriers, they may think twice about using them.

Both Fastways and Couriers Please have doubtful reputations on ebay and in the industry in general.  

While sellers may like using couriers, many buyers will avoid those sellers like the plague....couriers are not liked by a lot of buyers for many reasons.

Message 8 of 59
Latest reply

But, but, Lyndal...

It's cheaper to post. In this particular instance.

From the tone, I suspect the quote was obtained post-purchase and wonder if the buyer got the 6/7ths back (haha, really? 1/7th?) to make up for the inconvenience of probably having to travel many kilometres to collect from the depot if they happen to have a life.

Message 9 of 59
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

And what does this have to do with the Australia Post Express Post network?

Once members wake up to the fact that Sendle is just a broker/agent for Couriers Please and Fastways and a few other couriers, they may think twice about using them.

Both Fastways and Couriers Please have doubtful reputations on ebay and in the industry in general.  

While sellers may like using couriers, many buyers will avoid those sellers like the plague....couriers are not liked by a lot of buyers for many reasons.

I am happy to use Auspost as a seller but personally as a buyer I much prefer a seller who uses a courier over Auspost. Couriers may be a pain for people in the country but for us that live in cities and towns couriers provide a much better service IMHO. Any AusPost parcels I get delivered to a parcel locker otherwise they are likely to just drop a card in my letter box and run away. leaving me having to wait another day for my deliveries as well as go into the PO which is a total pain.

I would say 20%-30% of deliveries from Auspost cause me more hassle than they need to and I have yet to have a single problem with any parcel delivered by a courier.

I think it is clear YOU have a strong dislike for couriers but that is not true of all of us.

And FYI I have no problem with AusPost I think they do an OK job but I reckon courier do a better one

Message 10 of 59
Latest reply