Australia Post Express Network

Does anyone have a link to the express network postcodes for Australia Post? As in a pdf.

They seem to have changed the website around and all I can find and use is the postage calculator. I have been using express post quite regularly and they are mostly late.....

I now plan on going back through a heap of tracking number from the last few months and checking what was delivered on time. Each express satchel is worth about $10 so it is well worth it to get replacements.

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

I don't dislike ALL couriers....I am married to a StarTrack courier, my daughter is the State Manager for the courier division of an International Logistics company and I was a courier contractor for nearly 20 years.

I am in a very good position to compare AP and couriers in general as well as have a fair idea of what is being said in the industry about many of the courier companies.

The reason I dislike courier deliveries is because it is such a hassle if I am not available when they first deliver.  It is a pain to have to arrange redelivery or pickup at their depot.

Admittedly, in the last few months, more and more courier companies are allowing safe dropping if you sign a waver...unless the sender has specifically disallowed this.  And ebay sellers want their signatures so will not allow it.

I have had a Safe Drop arrangement with AP for 10 years and the only time I have to collect at the PO is if it is a registered or SOD item.  I can only go to the PO on Saturday morning....which is another reason that I don't like having to collect from a courier depot....they are not open Saturday.

Message 11 of 59
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I don't dislike ALL couriers....I am married to a StarTrack courier, my daughter is the State Manager for the courier division of an International Logistics company and I was a courier contractor for nearly 20 years.

I am in a very good position to compare AP and couriers in general as well as have a fair idea of what is being said in the industry about many of the courier companies.

The reason I dislike courier deliveries is because it is such a hassle if I am not available when they first deliver.  It is a pain to have to arrange redelivery or pickup at their depot.

Admittedly, in the last few months, more and more courier companies are allowing safe dropping if you sign a waver...unless the sender has specifically disallowed this.  And ebay sellers want their signatures so will not allow it.

I have had a Safe Drop arrangement with AP for 10 years and the only time I have to collect at the PO is if it is a registered or SOD item.  I can only go to the PO on Saturday morning....which is another reason that I don't like having to collect from a courier depot....they are not open Saturday.

I have never had a problem with a courier however I often have to go to the PO to pick up parcels. If you can only pick up on Saturday you would hate AusPost if you lived where I do the PO is closed on a Saturday. Couriers may not work for yo but they work very well for a lot of people including me and they provide a better service that AusPost for a lot of people.

AusPost is fine but they are far from perfect and for me me couriers do a lot better job delivering parcels. I currently have 3 parcels I have to wait until Monday to get if they had been sent by courier I would of had them by now.

Message 12 of 59
Latest reply

247newdeals wrote
AusPost is fine but they are far from perfect and for me me couriers do a lot better job delivering parcels. I currently have 3 parcels I have to wait until Monday to get if they had been sent by courier I would of had them by now.

I guess that is one point of difference......I am not impatient by nature.

If a parcel did not arrive today it will turn up tomorrow or the next day...or next week.

I am just happy to have things delivered to my home and safe dropped if I am not available to take delivery.   If a courier will do that then fine but otherwise I would rather AP delivered it even if it took a few more days.

Message 13 of 59
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

247newdeals wrote

I guess that is one point of difference......I am not impatient by nature.

If a parcel did not arrive today it will turn up tomorrow or the next day...or next week.

I am just happy to have things delivered to my home and safe dropped if I am not available to take delivery.   If a courier will do that then fine but otherwise I would rather AP delivered it even if it took a few more days.

which is what the courier service does for me and ausPost does not lol where I am AusPost offers a fair inferior service than couriers do. Couriers are not as bad as you seem to think they are well not for me and I am sure others to
Message 14 of 59
Latest reply

Couriers are not the way to go for me.....and I certainly do not "seem" to think anything.

Did you read my post about my years of experience in the courier industry?

When you get a courier who wants to drop your parcel at a Newsagent 4 suburbs away I think that speaks volumes about their "service" to city dwellers.

If you read the boards you will find a lot of buyers who avoid sellers who use couriers and a lot more who come here complaining that the seller did not indicate that they were using a courier or they would not have bought.

Message 15 of 59
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Couriers are not the way to go for me.....and I certainly do not "seem" to think anything.

Did you read my post about my years of experience in the courier industry?

When you get a courier who wants to drop your parcel at a Newsagent 4 suburbs away I think that speaks volumes about their "service" to city dwellers.

If you read the boards you will find a lot of buyers who avoid sellers who use couriers and a lot more who come here complaining that the seller did not indicate that they were using a courier or they would not have bought.

Ok Couriers are not for you and also there are other people who have had bad experiences with couriers but if you read the board you will find a LOT more people who have had a bad experience with AusPost. 

You keep warning people about how bad couriers are but that is not for everyone and the majority of times they do a good job and we get our parcels. Now a lot more people have some problem with AusPost and some like me prefer courier. So should we keep going on about how some buyers aviod sellers that use AusPost? Should we keep telling people about how daily AusPost lose parcels and they get stuck for days sometimes weeks in places like CHULLORA, NSW. 

At the end of the day both couriers and Auspost have good and bad points and sellers who use both can and are successful on Ebay and buyers buy using both daily without probems and both have problems at times.

Message 16 of 59
Latest reply

I definitely do not warn people about all couriers being bad.....just Couriers Please and Fastways.  And it is not just my personal opinion.  It is well known in the industry in general that they are unreliable.

I do agree with you about the number of people who have bad experiences with Australia Post....but they probably handle a far greater volume of mail/parcels than couriers do.  Of course a large number of customers will have a bad experience.

Message 17 of 59
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I definitely do not warn people about all couriers being bad.....just Couriers Please and Fastways.  And it is not just my personal opinion.  It is well known in the industry in general that they are unreliable.

I do agree with you about the number of people who have bad experiences with Australia Post....but they probably handle a far greater volume of mail/parcels than couriers do.  Of course a large number of customers will have a bad experience.

I will give you that you do not directly say all couriers are bad but you have said on numerous occasion's 'While sellers may like using couriers, many buyers will avoid those sellers like the plague....couriers are not liked by a lot of buyers for many reasons.' Now this may not say all courier are bad but it implies seller using couriers will lose sales and I do not agree with that. I agree there are some buyers who have had problems with couriers and I am sure some buyers will avoid sellers with couriers and some will just avoid them all together. saying that there are also buyers like me that have had nothing but positive experiences with sellers who use couriers, I had one recently I order 2 items on the  09 Feb, 2016 one was sent by courier 1 by Auspost the one by courier (One you mention are no good BTW) arrived 11 Feb 2016 which personally I think is an amazing delivery time the other coming by AusPost is currently stuck at CHULLORA, NSW and I am expecting (hoping) that item will get delivered sometime next week I know there is a big chance I will get carded once it does arrive and will have to wait another day and take a trip to the PO to get it.

You warn sellers and buyers couriers are not good but in my experience they are far better than AusPost and I love the sellers who have used them and the experience I have had. If I decide to sell more on EBay I will use a courier service and if that means YOU will not buy from me fine I will be doing it to provide the best cheapest and fastest service I can and AusPost does not offer that

Message 18 of 59
Latest reply

If I decide to sell more on EBay I will use a courier service and if that means YOU will not buy from me fine I will be doing it to provide the best cheapest and fastest service I can and AusPost does not offer that

Couriers work for you. Great.

But you seem to be at home all day to accept delivery. A buyer would probably consider the time until they actually picked it up from the depot to be the delivery time. Not necessarily faster than a 'slower' AP service.

How many buyers have day jobs and can't be available for courier delivery? Many, I'd warrant. Do your lower postage prices (assuming you pass them on) make up for the time and vehicle wear to have to pick up from a depot which is usually much further away than the Post Office? Doubtful.

Horses for courses and couriers need special courses. They are certainly NOT a blanket solution, which is why AP still make money from parcel post.

Message 19 of 59
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

If I decide to sell more on EBay I will use a courier service and if that means YOU will not buy from me fine I will be doing it to provide the best cheapest and fastest service I can and AusPost does not offer that

Couriers work for you. Great.

But you seem to be at home all day to accept delivery. A buyer would probably consider the time until they actually picked it up from the depot to be the delivery time. Not necessarily faster than a 'slower' AP service.

How many buyers have day jobs and can't be available for courier delivery? Many, I'd warrant. Do your lower postage prices (assuming you pass them on) make up for the time and vehicle wear to have to pick up from a depot which is usually much further away than the Post Office? Doubtful.

Horses for courses and couriers need special courses. They are certainly NOT a blanket solution, which is why AP still make money from parcel post.

For the times I am out during the day(Which is ofteen) I leave a note on the door asking for parcels to be left at a neighbours house having a job does not make getting deliveries hard there are ways around it. Now you are saying if you work it is better to be carded by AusPost for me I would be 100% screwed because the local PO where all the parcels go to does not open on a Saturday so I would never get a parcel unless I got it left at a neighbours house.

I do not think AusPost do a bad job and as a seller I am currently happy to use them as a buyer I know it will take a lot longer but it arrives eventually so ok.

All I was posting about is Lyndia seems to have a dislike of couriers and keeps posting buyers will avoid sellers who use courier which I do not think is true and couriers do a lot better job than AusPost in a lot of cases

And FYI if I eventaully use a courier and save money yes I will pass that one to the buyer one thing I currently strongly dislike, as a seller, is having to charge buyers an extra $14.70 a sale to cover Auspost postage I would love to get that amount down

Message 20 of 59
Latest reply