Australia Post Satchels Verus Ebay Satchels Can I ???

Hi all

I have just about run out of my Ebay 500 Grams satchels. I know there was something about  using ebay satchels until about November 2014 I think....If I purchase the plain white ones from Aus Post can I still use eBay Labels?

Thank You

Crowsman 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

If you use plain satchels you can send them as 500g assessed parcels, flat rate @ $7.20 with ebay labels ( the prepaid 500g ebay satchels  $7.15)

The 10% rebate on 500g assessed parcels has been extended as well, and is still current. ( 10% is credited to your account later).

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Postage rebate promotion

When?

• The promotion runs from 00.01 (AEST) 6 May 2014 to 23.59 (AEST) 6 August 2014, now extended until 31 December 2014 ('Promotion Period').

What is the promotion?

• A 10% rebate on the postage costs for Australia Post Parcel Post and Australia Post Express Post assessed parcels up to and including 500g purchased through the eBay label printing platform during the Promotion Period and capped at 100 per user per month (the “Promotion”).    

The “eBay label printing platform” means the eBay.com.au on-site platform provided by eBay which enables eBay users to: (a) access, select and purchase various delivery services; and (b) print labels for those delivery services on the eBay.com.au website for the delivery of items purchased on eBay.com.au.  

How does the rebate work?

• The rebate will be applied to your seller invoice and will also be visible in your seller account summary in MyeBay under ‘Credits’.  Rebates may take up to two months (from the time a label is created) to appear in your seller invoice.

Further terms and conditions in link

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/postage-rebate

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@crowsman53 wrote:

Hi all

I have just about run out of my Ebay 500 Grams satchels. I know there was something about  using ebay satchels until about November 2014 I think....If I purchase the plain white ones from Aus Post can I still use eBay Labels?

Thank You

Crowsman 

so probably silly question - have you ordered more ebay satchels?   They don't take that long to arrive.

I would not use the Aust Post white ones.    What I would do is just use ordinary packaging with ebay labels and only pay $6.48 net each, as stated above^^

I have put away my ebay 500g satchels for the time being and am just using my own packaging until the discount stops.

Used satchels turned inside out are handy too.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Can I use the ebay 500g satchel as the packaging but post it as an assessed parcel? Or do I need to use other packaging?

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

technically?   if you use the ebay satchel and a ebay label, the correct postage is $7.20 with no discount (and you have paid xxxcents for the satchel).

If you really must use a new satchel, you could turn it inside out, use the ebay label, and pay the assessed postage $6.48 plus xxcents you have already paid for an ebay satchel - personally I think this is a waste.

Or you could use recycled packaging you have already, like brown paper, or a cardboard box (brown paper over a cereal box is light but still protects) or used satchels (I always save any that I receive) and use a ebay label for $6.48.

From the OP, there might be some confusion about the life of ebay satchels.   It is not the ebay satchels that are going to run out - it is the option of using them because you already have them, instead of the new Aust Post white satchels which are for the click and send option.    

If you use click and send, instead of the ebay label option, you are supposed to use the white satchels but there is an amnesty until about November.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

several points to me for a confusing post Smiley Very Happy

At the moment, using your own packaging with ebay labels (assessed postage to 500g) is cheaper. $6.48.

The next option is to use ebay satchels with ebay labels. $7.20 plus cost of satchel.

The next option (more expensive) is to use Aust Post click and send site, and white satchels = $8.25 plus cost of satchel.

What is going to run out is the ability to use an ebay satchel with the Aust Post click and send site.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

The way I understand it for 500g satchels is as follows, but I'm sure to be corrected.....

eBay satchels can be used for c&s flat rate 500g postage until 30 Nov - postage cost is $8.00 plus satchel.  Or you can use the white satchel.  

C&S assessed parcel rate is $7.20 plus whatever your packaging costs - you can use an ebay satchel turned inside out for instance.

ebay satchels on ebay label printing are $7.15 plus the satchel

Ebay label printing assessed parcels are $7.20 but having a 10% discount promo at the moment so $6.48 until Dec 31st - so this is the cheapest option at the moment.  

After 30 Nov you will have to use the white satchels for c&s flat rate $8.00.  

This document might help to explain things more fully:

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/click-and-send-faqs-14may2014.pdf

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

The way I understand it for 500g satchels is as follows, but I'm sure to be corrected.....

eBay satchels can be used for c&s until 30 Nov - postage cost is $8.00 plus satchel.  Or you can use the white satchel.  

C&S assessed parcel rate is $7.20 plus whatever your packaging costs - you can use an ebay satchel turned inside out for instance.

Ebay label printing assessed parcels are $7.20 but having a 10% discount promo at the moment so $6.48 until Dec 31st.  

This document might help to explain things more fully:

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/click-and-send-faqs-14may2014.pdf

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

eBay satchels can be used for c&s until 30 Nov - postage cost is $8.00 plus satchel.  Or you can use the white satchel.  

Ebay label printing assessed parcels are $7.20 but having a 10% discount promo at the moment so $6.48 until Dec 31st.  

There is a click-and-send-faq pdf on the AP website that might help to explain things more fully.  Have tried to post the link but keep getting blocked

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply