Australia Post either don't get it or they do big time.

Last week I sold an item for 10 dollarydoos, the winning bidder sniped it at the last minute. To my shock he was from the Russian Federation. As usual they didn't contact for postage quote blah blah.

As its proved just as dificult to solve world peace as it has been for ebay to update the international posatage service introduced last year. He paid what service I selected.

Imagine my suprise when I saw AP's only option for tracking for a B5 sized letter weighing less than 25 grams was $52  express service.

So now I dont offer International postage for theses items.

Well played AP  for making your customers chumps.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

if you choose Airmail and put insurance on it even just to the minimum amount say $5  you should be able to track it.  Tracking usually found at the destinations post site though.  Not auspost.  Also note that the tracking might take few days to update and may not be visible online until it is received by customs at the other end.   It works for most countries including Russia . 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

if you choose Airmail and put insurance on it even just to the minimum amount say $5  you should be able to track it.  Tracking usually found at the destinations post site though.  Not auspost.  Also note that the tracking might take few days to update and may not be visible online until it is received by customs at the other end.   It works for most countries including Russia . 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Airmail is expensive for two reasons:

It's part of their business service (as opposed to government mandated service) and they set the price as they please, and for a profit.

It also includes the cost of handling inbound parcels into Australia.

From a business perspective, it's perfect justification; they get to bump prices up whenever they want due to "so many people importing from overseas", whilst saying, "hey, we have to make a profit too!".

I only send international when it can go letter rate. Even then a large letter is around $10, and a registered international letter is $15.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

The problem with sending a registered letter is that it is NOT TRACKED so you cannot prove delivery. Loss with Ebay & Paypal if Buyer says IND. You have to send as a Parcel registered & Tracked then it is Trackable. A further Australia Post Rip Off costs over $25 for under 500g. Australia Post must be one of the only Post Offices in the World where registered overseas mail sent in one of their envelopes is NOT TRACKED.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I am at a loss to understand why the OP wants to go to all this trouble for a $10 item.

If the buyer has paid for a specific postage method the OP offered, then the OP should send by that method.

If a $10 loss is too much to sustain, they should seriously reconsider offering their items internationally.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

For starters Ebay havent been able to update any on AP new services from last year. Im just find it rude that theres only the express service that has tracking to protect the seller.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I have stopped all O/S sales completely. If I have a serious O/S customer I will do this outside ebay using a bank transfer only. Its not about the fees its about the lack of seller protection. Regards Norm

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply