Australia Post's Letter Changes: Still September?

I haven't heard anything about the upcoming changes to letter rates and delivery times . . . I thought these were supposed to be changed in September (next month)?

I recall them giving us at least one month's notice with previous changes. Smiley Frustrated It's quite a large change so I'd expect at least a month's notice.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I don't think it has been approved as yet, so there is still hope that ACCC will say no (but I'm not holding my breath).  Also the original announcement said it would not happen till at least September.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

a good source on these boards has comfirmed its already started not the payment part but the delivery part,

I have also noticed that we get letters every second day now , before 4 out of 5 days always  now 2 or 3 days a week .  and by all reports in the papers letters are taking for ever to go to the other side of town.

and if you think you are getting a lot of postal defects now  , wait in a couple of months when its fully operational.

thank god with my deliveriers I only use couriers.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

My postie still delivers every day. I have noticed that my parcels are getting interstate in an alarmingly fast rate the last month or so. Some in express post time (minimum 2 days from here). 2 days instead of 3 weeks to get to far North Queensland. 3 days to get to Darwin, instead of 2-3 weeks. Someone must have put a rocket under them. That's both parcels and untracked large letters.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

maybe all there bad feedback is starting to work lol

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

My postie still delivers every day. I have noticed that my parcels are getting interstate in an alarmingly fast rate the last month or so. Some in express post time (minimum 2 days from here). 2 days instead of 3 weeks to get to far North Queensland. 3 days to get to Darwin, instead of 2-3 weeks. Someone must have put a rocket under them. That's both parcels and untracked large letters.

Mine too (and I'm worried that everyone's bubbles will burst when the new system is implemented! My current feedback is littered with "lightning fast postage" comments . . .) Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

They're also changing the letter gauge to a maximum of 5mm thickness and upping Parcel Post to $12.95 in order to cut costs for their losses in the letter industry. All while changing their opening hours to 10-4PM, sending out mail on Mondays and Wednesdays only, and post offices being closed entirely on Fridays. 🙂
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

where did you hear this?
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

The 🙂 says it all.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply