Australia Post tracking states parcel delivered yet buyer still wants refund for lost parcel

Hi there, hopefully somebody could answer a question if possible. Am I obliged to refund buyer?  I sent a parcel to a buyer through Aust Post with tracking. AP website indicates the parcel was delivered but the buyer insists I refund as the parcel has not been received by her. She posted neg feedback after I emailed her advised AP states it was delivered (ebay has since removed neg feedback). What am I obliged to do? This is one reason I get nervous selling on ebay. THANKS in advance

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Australia Post tracking states parcel delivered yet buyer still wants refund for lost parcel

Hey, if aust post tracking says it was delivered it was, Don't refund her, people lie to get freebies.  Open a case with aust post

Any body that leaves NEG feedback straight away is a dodgy ebayer, look at all of her feedback and put her on your blocked bidder list.

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

Thanks heaps lozyginns, shall do with Aust Post & see what happens. I will add buyer to block list (didn't think of that!) Apprerciate your answer

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

@lozyginns wrote:

Hey, if aust post tracking says it was delivered it was, Don't refund her, people lie to get freebies.  Open a case with aust post

Any body that leaves NEG feedback straight away is a dodgy ebayer, look at all of her feedback and put her on your blocked bidder list.

Not sure a case against Aust Post is warranted - they have already advised the parcel as 'delivered'.

End of story with A.P.

& certainly don't refund.

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

The Aus Post status may well say Delivered but it may have been an attempted delivery and then returned to the PO without an extra scan or it could have been delivered to entirely different address.

It may be too late now, but if you get another similar situation, first ask the buyer to confirm their address and check that you have sent it to the correct address. If the address is correct, ask the buyer to check around their house incase the postie has left the parcel in a 'safe' place and also to check at the local PO incase it has been left there for collection. Ring Aus Post and ask them to start an investigation and they will contact the postie to try and confirm the delivery address.

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

Or it may have been left at the doorstep and stolen.

I came home this morning to a package on the step, label reads registered and signature required... Just sitting there in plain site of passerbys..I have had things go missing, so I dont necessarily push the seller, not their fault.

and unless AP has registered or insurance, you only get postage back.. I was refunded yesterday , the $7.20 only , click and send cost, not for contents at all aftet AP lost satchel.

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

I had this happen last week buyer said had not received when it was showing delivered,she said someone must have took it  not my fault,then leaves neg fb.I rang ebay told them the tracking number they checked it out and not my fault removed neg fb.My advice ask if they want registered post if they don't want to pay extra then that's the chance we all take if its left on doorstep.

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

Some contractors apparently marked all parcels they have on board for delivery as "Delivered" until they are not and are returned to the PO for another attempt next business day.  Saves them time.  Could be this is what happened.  

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

Hey, it only just hapened to me the other day aswell.  If this many parcels are getting lost regulary, is it Aust Post failing or dodgy ecay buyers?  I have never lost a parcel before, and have also had 1 returned to sender twice but got their the third time.

My new arising question, are Australia Post the thieves.

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

I don't know if they are theives but there certainly slow,had a query last night buyer had not received item,I looked up tracking and it was posted from Newcastle on the 7th Oct arrived in Granville on the 14th left there on the 15th and is still in transit on its way to Vic.I rang Auspost and was told it is in transit it will get there eventually.Buyer is not to happy but what can I do,could have driven down and delivered it myself in the time its taking.

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply