Australia Post unreliable lately?

Hi,

I have had alot of item that are taking much longer than they should to get to people.

I keep getting contacted by buyers that they have not received their item. I post them on the same day or the day after. I give them a refund then they contact me a week or so later and tell me that they have just received their item.

Anyone else having this problem lately?

Myabe I'm juts having bad luck.

Thanks

Teri

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

hi your timetable for delivery is a bit thin ,even though I am in the same state as you , it says delivery on or before 27/5 ,if you post tomorrow 25/5 ,not much room for problems.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

I thought eBay based postage time on Australia Post's estimated delivery times (2-6 buisness days)? Thats what it says on the postage that i have selected.

Even if they don't my items are my items are taking 2 week to get 9 minutes down the road. I have had an item take 3 weeks to get to NSW and so on.

It has only been happening in the last 4-6 weeks. It seems as though something has changed within Australia Post or I'm just really unlucky at the moment.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Teri

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

new sorting centres are 'iffy' at best
Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

We have just had one come to a good ending that took 4-weeks to go from us in Brisbane to a Perth, WA address.

It was a large letter so no tracking.

Fortunately we had a very co-operative and patient buyer who was prepared to wait.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

I have had soooo much trouble with A-failure post With NO help from customer service that  am now using the new officeworks mailman system. Cheaper, Easier, Quicker & maybe the will actually pay you when you have insured a item thats damaged or lost.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

This also happened to me several time this month, that is, buyers messaging/opening cases for INR. I ask them some questions that drag it for an extra 2 or 3 days. With all the horror buyer stories, i am always surprised that most buyers are honest and tell me they ended up receiving the item. One offered to pay me back (which i accepted!) after I gave them a refund because it had been 2 weeks. 

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Doesn't the Officeworks system rely on both you and the customer having access to an Officeworks store?  I do hope you check with the buyer first.  It might be fine for city dwellers, but not everyone has an Officeworks in easy distance.  I know I have to travel 45 minutes to the nearest Officeworks and I would not be too impressed if a seller shipped that way without asking if it suits me first.  It is the same with Auspost Parcel Lockers and Click and Collect, works great if the buyer has local access, but no point using either if you are shipping to Upper Kombukta West.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

Doesn't the Officeworks system rely on both you and the customer having access to an Officeworks store?  I do hope you check with the buyer first.  It might be fine for city dwellers, but not everyone has an Officeworks in easy distance.  I know I have to travel 45 minutes to the nearest Officeworks and I would not be too impressed if a seller shipped that way without asking if it suits me first.  It is the same with Auspost Parcel Lockers and Click and Collect, works great if the buyer has local access, but no point using either if you are shipping to Upper Kombukta West.

I live over 100 kms from the nearest Officeworks or Woolies. What I have noticed is that with any listings that have the "Click & Collect" option for those businesses on the page, a pop up comes up & tells me that option is not available to me & the items will be posted through Aust Post.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Officeworks Mailman delivers to your door and leaves the parcel in a safe place if you are not home. Just the same as Aust Post does. If you ask for signature on delivery and are not home then it goes to the Officeworks store near you. All parcels have tracking on their address label which you can buy at the store or print out online. They are heaps cheaper and have good delivery times.
Message 10 of 26
Latest reply