Automatic relist feature not working.

free automatic relist.

in the rule it  says "available to non business sellers"  I am a non business seller ,

and I do not get the auto list feature on any of my ebay ID's

i have a few ebay account in order to separate my catogories of items. 

I am a non business seller and some of my accounts only have a handful of sales.

Apparently all account are linked, even they link the IP address of internet provider. the residential address , phone number and whatever the Id accounts have in common. Ebay also adds the total number of transactions combines for all ebay id's.

What is good for the Goose is good for the Gander, but not on ebay 

This is pure discrimination in my view. 

tried a store before, it  not viable  for a small seller as I am, fees are through the roof as it is .

40 listings for max 10 days each is not a lot in one month.

Ebay does not seem to get it, that if we sellers cannot or do not list our items, buyers cannot buy it and Ebay does not get fees.

Realy I wish there was an alternative with the same volume of traffic

They need to change the wording of the rule 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Unfortunately if there was an alternative with the same traffic you would be paying fees as well. Advertising cost money and if you don't advertise you end up like slowsales.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

When you list an item, just before you submit the listing there should be a small box that needs to be ticked to select the auto relists.

Try revising the an item, then select continue and just before submit revisions, do you have the selection box there?

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

That's the point.I DO NOT GET THAT AUTOMATIC RELIST BUTTON

ebay can selectively give it to the sellers they want

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I have just listed a card, and the 3 free relistings is working.

going by what it says in yellow, near the tick ,its a new feature so sounds like it is here to stay. ( Hopefully)

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

on another thread somewhere on selling, they said to clear your cookies etc.
and it seems to work for a seller , they may come on board later, and tell you, or look through the seller threads, it was just a few days ago .
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

i SPOKE TO EBAY AND THEY ACTUALLY DID SAY THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN THIS FEATURE BECAUSE I HAVE MORE THAN 100 TRANSACTION IN A YEAR COMBINED WITH MY OTHER EBAY ID'S. AND EBAY LINKS ALL EBAY ID'S OF THE SAME SELLER BY EITHER YOUR HOME ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER OT IP ADDRESS OR ANYTHING THE EBAY ID'S HAVE IN COMMON

SO CLEARING COOKINGS, DOES NOT WORK\

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I have sold well over 100 items in less than 12 months and am also a Powerseller. I have the free relist box. Clearing cookies won't work alone, but try clearing your CACHE. That is what eBay CS told me to try, even though they said I may not qualify any more due to selling more than 100 items, when I lost the box a few months back. I cleared my cache, restarted my browser and the box reappeared. I have sold a LOT more since then and still have no problems ticking the box each time I want to list or relist an item.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

pjh09
Community Member

Please enlighten me. I have never contemplated having multiple accounts because I assumed that Ebay would not allow that!. If I thought I could get away with multiplying the available free listings I get by simply creating multiple accounts I would do it too and I'm sure everyone else would too!

Look at the numbers (assumes you get no sales of course - unlikely):

(my case)  1 account: 40 free listings / month with 3 free re-listings = 160 possible listings in total.

3 accounts: 120 free listings/month each with 3 free listings = 480 possible listings in total.

5 accounts: 200 free listings/month each with 3 free listings = 800 possible listings in total.

Here I am sweating about deciding on my best 40 items / month to list and hoping that I get the opportunity of getting an extra 100 or 150 by way of special offer? You are compaining about getting 80, 120 or 160 normally via multiple accounts and complaining that you do not get the re-list feature?

Am I missing something here??!! Or have I read your situation incorrectly?

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

In my case, none of my ID's get the free listings, other than Kittenkat. They are business accounts and also have a store each.

Only my Kittenkat ID gets the 40 free listings (no store, personal ID).

I guess in theory you could open more of ID's and get the free listings but the log in / log out would drive me nuts, not to mention 10 day listings on each one...not this black duck. GTC listings are more my line as l also run 2 businesses outside of eBay (and work part time at a bank).

eBay's stance was that you could have any accounts you wanted, as long as they never interact with each other. New seller accounts have certain restrictions with listing amounts, etc but if you ring eBay CS and link new accounts to your estabilshed one, you can get the limit raised.

Mind you, thats old info and may have changed. Since the idea of the 40 free listings is to encourage new suckers sellers, l guess they will change the rules if they think people are taking bread off their plate.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply