Automatic relist

Was wondering if I tick the "Automatically relist this item 3 times if it doesn't sell" button, will I be charged a relisting price each time if I have gone over my 40 free ones for the month? Thankyou

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Automatic relist

Short answer - yes!

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Automatic relist

Thankyou, just checked back again and it says its free to relist, I have gone over the 40 items so how can it say this then, i'm confused

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Automatic relist

New sellers apparently get 3 free relists.

I don't know the definition of new, but to be safe I would be relisting manually. That way you can see before you commit whether or not you are going to be charged.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Automatic relist

I have just only noticed it on my old account which i've had for years, my new account doesn't have this option to tick when I relsit.

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Automatic relist

yes apparently you will be charged, I had to send 3 emails to ebay, to get them to realize what I was talking about.

I will  copy and paste the answer tomorrow, as I don't know how to do it on the tablet.

it is  another way of getting money out of us by using the free word, which is very misleading, and should be taken off.

may even be illegal.  It is only for casual sellers. I went and unticked the ones I did.  for new sellers they will get caught with the fees after the 40 have been used as they may have their listings outo  relisted if not sold.

relist manually, as you may want to try other days or times.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Automatic relist

The message I'm getting is: 

Automatically relist this item up to 3 times if it doesn't sell 

I've used up my monthly free lisitings so I'm paying an insertion fee, but if the item doesn't sell it will be automatically relisted for free. 

I'm not a new seller, so this offer must be available across the board.  This appears to be a new feature and might well mean the end of other occasional free listing offers (Not the standard ones we get every month but rather the by invitation only, or the 200/10000 ones that have been cropping up these past few months).

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Automatic relist

Hi back again with the message I got. I think there will be a lot of people getting caught with relisting fees, as the wording is all wrong.  I have unticked any I had, not good as far as I am concerned.

In regard to the automatic relist feature, we do apologise for the confusion this has casued, the caption that says" Its free to automatic relist" means that this feature is free. Yes, it will be free if you r elist your item given than you still have the 40 free listings per month. Once you have maximised your 40 free listings per month, you will then be charged the regular insertion fee which is $1.50 for listing starting bew $100 and $3.50 for $100 above.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Automatic relist

got this free relisting thing worked out now.

I ticked the box for the free 3 relistings, and as my card did not sell it relisted.i took notice of how many free listings I had left, and the free relisting did not take another one off. stayed at the 96.

so if you tick the box on your free 40 or 100 listings, if not sold they will relist without using any more up.

you will only be charged  the listing fee, if you have used up all your monthly freebies, and only works on auctions.

you can also go and revise your items to tick the box, if you didn't do it before, if you were unsure like me.

happy selling.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Automatic relist

Glad I found out about this, I never ticked any such box/option (never heard of it untol I got an email telling me items had automatically been re-listed. wondered what the heck was going on

Thanks, Ebay

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply