Automatic relisting ??

Good morning. I have seen a few threads on 'automatic relisting' and neber really know what it was all about.

So I read a few of the threads and now realise, i have been waisting some of my precious 40 free listings by manually relisting items that did not sell.
However, I cant find this magic automatic relisting box to tick.

I do use Auctiva to do my listings initially and cant say I have ever seen it.
I manually relisted an item through the ebay relist button last night and dint see it there either, and I just went into revise a current listing  (as was suggested on another thread) but didn't see one there either!
Can anyone help please? What am I missing?
Woman Embarassed

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Automatic relisting ??

When you list a new item, the 3 free relist option is on the final page right at the bottom above the SUBMIT button, the box is usually ticked as the default, but if it isn't you can tick it before submit the listing.

For existing listings, from your My Selling page in the All items list, drop down the menu to the right of each item and if the last item on the list says Remove Autorelist this means it is already on.  If you don't see that option, either the Autorelist is not set, or the item is already on its third relist.  Select Revise, and continue on to the last page, and if the Autorelist box is there, tick it and save the changes.  If it is not there, it has already relisted for the last time.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Automatic relisting ??

I've never been able to find it either.

Just followed those two steps you mentioned and there is no auto-relist nor box to tick.

Is there something l should of set up at the start?

Like the OP, l've been manually relisting each unsold item, using my 40 free listings per month.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Automatic relisting ??

I have seen posts where people have phoned CS only to be told they can't see the box  because they don't qualify for the relists.  I have then seen others suggest that the user clear their cache and try again, and lo and behold this works.  Can't say categorically it will work, but it wouldn't be the first time CS have said one thing and the opposite has been shown to be true.Woman Wink

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Automatic relisting ??

Well glad i am not the only one *mykittencat* !
I just did all those things again and it is still not appearing  - sighWoman Frustrated

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Automatic relisting ??

I now know why l can't get the auto relists on this account. Because l have other selling accounts and they are linked by eBay.

Thanks for your email about the automatic relist feature.
 I checked your 'mykittenkat' account and the reason why you don't have the auto-relist feature is because it has been found that your account is linked to other established accounts. eBay offers the auto relist only to non-business new, occasional or regular sellers. This gives them a greater chance to sell if listing is live for longer and is a great incentive for them to list more if their listing sells successfully with auto-relisted.

Wish l had of known that before spending an hour clicking anything l could see on the relist page!

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Automatic relisting ??

Mykittencat that is interesting.
Can I just ask if any of your other accounts are stores or are they all non-bussiness?
I have another username that I use mainly for buying but do sell on it occassionally. On average I would list 10 - 15 items per month on it and some months I dont use it at all.

The reply Ebay gave you states

"eBay offers the auto relist only to non-business new, occasional or regular sellers"

Surely by having two non business accounts, I still fit that description.

I suppose I will just have to send them an email as well to find the answer.

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Automatic relisting ??

I have just got off the phone to ebay customer service about the free relistings. I am crossed off for them, as have sold over 100 items. They are only supposed to be for casual sellers. Even if I do not sell anything for months, they will not appear as it goes back from when you started on ebay. The question of closing this ebay to a new one will not work either according to ebay customer service, as they have ways of knowing it is still me! Opening one in another familys name will not work either if from the same computer I was advised, so no way around it.  

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Automatic relisting ??

Dresscode - this is one of my other ID's. I have the Kittykat one, this one and a book one. Both the book and this one are reg'd business accounts with stores, the kittykat one is a personal one. I have another business account also, that l opened on behalf of my sister but she proved way too bossy so l've not used it.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Automatic relisting ??

I have sold way over 100 items, I am also a powerseller. That has had no effect on my ability to use the free relists. One time I did lose the box, so I sent CS a message and got that reply that I had sold more than 100 items. They also suggested to clear out my cache and that might fix the issue. I did that and have had the free relist box ever since.

I think they are full of it.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply