Autumn 2014 Seller Release

pixie-six
Community Manager
Community Manager

"Twice a year we bundle together a number of site, functionality and fee updates aimed at helping you deliver an enhanced shopping experience for your customers. The initiatives announced today encourage sellers to adopt the behaviours we know buyers increasingly prefer - boosting the chances of a successful sale or sustained business growth. Read more at Welcome to the Autumn 2014 Seller Release."

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

I HAVE POSETD THIS ELSEWHERE

Ebay seem to have their heads in dada land. Offering free post DOES NOT give a great result for anyone except them. All free post means is that shipping is factored in to  the price of the goods. So if I sell an item that is a small parcel and it weighs 200g Aus Post will charge $7.15. Now if I add that to my costings and factor it in to the price ans someone buys 2, they are effectively paying double for postage. When I could do it for the one price.

THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN A FEE GRAB BY EBAY

The excuse that the general internet community is moving to free shipping is misleading, in fact a number of very large companies are moving away form it. Officeworks for example.

Anyway, I have just started adjusting my listings for Aus Post increases, I am not going to do it again next month, I will adhust all pricing now.

ONCE AGAIN THIS IS JUST A FEE GRAB BY EBAY WITH NOTHING IN RETURN

AUSTRALIA POST INCREASES POSTAGE BY AROUND 17.5% and now 7.5% (depending on the listing) from EBAY

A 25% INCREASE IN POSTAGE PRICES ON EBAY - NOHING TO DO WITH SELLERS YET WE GET BLAMED BY BUYERS WHO LEAVE LOW DSR's

This **bleep**ing STINKS EBAY

(feel better now I have vented!)

Message 2 of 71
Latest reply

We have sold more than 3.3 million dollars worth of product on ebay, this will now come to an end. Our products are very heavy and cost a lot to sen in a very big country so this will kill us....has become very much borderline as it was. The fees as a percentage was running at 6% when we started, this is now just over 10% and will now go up to at least 12%. It is a disgrace! The problem is that they will not listen and I am wasting my time even typing this. BYE ebay!

Message 3 of 71
Latest reply

GREEDY-BAY (AKA EBAY)

THIS IS A GIGANTIC RIP OFF & an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE  - Free Postage is NOT FREE NOW & this will make it worse.

BUSINESSES DOMINATE EBAY & THEY OFTEN SELL HIGHER PRICED GOODS & INCLUDE A HUGE PROFIT ON THE POSTAGE ALLOWANCE & SAY IT IS FREE - NOTHING IS FREE!!!!

WE CAN'T COMPETE WITH CHINESE POSTAGE RATES EITHER.

"eBay is changing the way we calculate the final value fee from 6 May 2014. The final value fee will be based on the total cost to the buyer, including postage. This change is being made to encourage sellers to offer free or competitive postage in line with consumer expectations. Where fees on total cost has been introduced in other markets, the rate of free and fair shipping has increased substantially. This is obviously good news for buyers โ€“ but it is also ideal for sellers as satisfied buyers come back and this leads to higher conversion rates.

Already more than 60% of the listings on eBay.com.au offer free shipping and if you currently offer free postage on most of your items, this change will have little or no impact on you. For the remaining listings we would encourage you to look at our integrated label printing platform. Buying and printing your postage on eBay offers great value as we have negotiated discounts on a number of Australia Post products. To help you manage costs while you adjust to the new fee structure, for a limited time, weโ€™ll be offering a 10% rebate on the only service not already offering a negotiated rate (500g assessed parcels)."

I SELL LOW PRICED ITEMS, UNDER $15 & I CAN'T OFFER FREE POSTAGE AS IT IS $7.15 PER ITEM ACTUAL FEE (NO HANDLING OR PACKING CHARGES - ) & OF COURSE THE "ONLY" POSTAGE OPTION NOT TO GIVE A 10% REBATE.

EBAY SHOULD ONLY BE CHARGING FEES/COMMISSION ON SERVICES THAT THEY OFFER.

AUSTRALIA POST OR COURIER COMPANIES CHARGE THE POSTAGE/FREIGHT COSTS - EBAY DOESN'T & NOW WANT TO PROFIT.

STOP BEING GREEDY --- YOU WILL BE LOSING ME AS A SELLER FROM 6 MAY 2014 UNLESS THIS IS REVISED.

I'LL START SELLING PRIVATELY & EBAY WILL LOSE ME & I'M SURE LOTS OF OTHER SMALLER SELLERS.

THIS IS SO WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 71
Latest reply

Wow, i just looked at your listings, you are in trouble mate, sorry.

Ebay appear not to want guys like you and i they appear to want the big players.

Message 5 of 71
Latest reply

"Twice a year we bundle together a number of site, functionality and fee updates aimed at helping you deliver an enhanced shopping experience for your customers. The initiatives announced today encourage sellers to adopt the behaviours we know buyers increasingly prefer - boosting the chances of a successful sale or sustained business growth.  

This is total B/S Moderator..

EBAY STINKS

Message 6 of 71
Latest reply

eBay,s own rules are its against the rules to profit from postage.

? is it OK for eBay to break there own rules here. 

if eBay takes 9.9 % of postage in fvf does that mean that eBay will be responsible for 9.9 % of returns or lost items though post. 

if eBay keeps pushing this free postage **bleep** then buyers that like to buy multiple items will not benefit with combine postage as you cant discount on total price on invoice only on postage and if its free then how do you offer discount on zero.

why do eBay tend to always mess with something that works for all and break it to benefit themselves.

Message 7 of 71
Latest reply

what happens if a buyer wants registered post, express post or insurance does those extra cost,s still get 9.9 % taken of them as well. 

has eBay taken these extras into consideration.  maybe eBay should rethink this though before they find themselves in a major legal battle.

Message 8 of 71
Latest reply

@diecastcarsvicki wrote:

what happens if a buyer wants registered post, express post or insurance does those extra cost,s still get 9.9 % taken of them as well. 

has eBay taken these extras into consideration.  maybe eBay should rethink this though before they find themselves in a major legal battle.

Yes the fee will also apply to higher postage cost options, just as it does in the US. The fee will be charged on the total price of the contract.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 9 of 71
Latest reply

Cheapadiecast,

the way to offer a discount on zero, being postage, in the case of multipurchases, is to give the buyer a partial refund once they have paid.

that is easy to do if they pay with Paypal, you go to the payment, and follow it from there.

it is not ideal, but it is possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 71
Latest reply