Autumn 2014 Seller Release

pixie-six
Community Manager
Community Manager

"Twice a year we bundle together a number of site, functionality and fee updates aimed at helping you deliver an enhanced shopping experience for your customers. The initiatives announced today encourage sellers to adopt the behaviours we know buyers increasingly prefer - boosting the chances of a successful sale or sustained business growth. Read more at Welcome to the Autumn 2014 Seller Release."

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Can you say something like buy 4 and the 5th one (whichever is cheapest) is free?

I saw it once - was for stickers/name labels. Buy 5 sets and they gave me 2 sets free. I just had to message which ones I wanted for free (there were about 10 different designs in a multi doobie listing - all the same basic product)

So I purchased the 5 designs, and then sent a message for what I wanted of the other 2 designs.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 11 of 71
Latest reply

greedy say they have negotiated withgreat deals with auspost we the seller are supposed to save around 10% but we dont it goes to ebay once they charge us on the final valuation fee,also when you sell now buyers info doesnt come up til you send an invoice so ebay knows how much postage is,and how much to rip the seller off.

Message 12 of 71
Latest reply

the only business growth on here is greedybay
Message 13 of 71
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

Cheapadiecast,

the way to offer a discount on zero, being postage, in the case of multipurchases, is to give the buyer a partial refund once they have paid.

that is easy to do if they pay with Paypal, you go to the payment, and follow it from there.

it is not ideal, but it is possible.

That used to be a good idea ...but not any more...this is one of the major flaws with FREE POSTAGE

EBAY STILL CHARGES YOU THE FEES FOR THE FULL VALUE OF THE SALE

Even when buyers puchase multiple items that include postage and pay before they wait for a combined invoice will now miss out....FEES WILL BE CHARGED ON THE ORIGINAL AMOUNT PAID..regardless of whether you refund postage.

EBays policies are NOT GIVING BUYERS A BETTER EXPERIENCE as in many cases they are paying way too much postage on multiple purchases....but EBAY daoe not listen to this, it just wants more fees.

Message 14 of 71
Latest reply

Hey why not start a facebook page and call it greedebay?That way people can see what the <removed> are doing.

Message 15 of 71
Latest reply

I dont do facebook...but you guys and girls that do could do something that goes viral and is negative for greede bay? NEWS even.
I dont sell now...I just look at the amount of listings that this stupid greede bay still has after this fee hike (AGAIN)..I laugh at the postage evryone is putting up...well done greede bay. People wont buy with sellers covering their postage fee hike by u greede bay..they pay too much for an item and sellers wont sell...you are idiots and stop paying idiots to make up dizzy stupid rules and fee hikes..you area silly auction site...not a political party. I wish you well greede bay...I will be the first to slam the door on your <removed> when you start your slide down hill....You don't even respond or encourage..the customers that helped you get where you are. I will thank your customers for you because you are greedy and dont give a <removed> about them and especially your sellers...oh and BTW you are amulti BILLION dollar company and you dont have a 24/7 call center for YOUR customers? If you like I can employ at least one person to man the phones to help your customers out. Greede bay LOLOL....Robin us blind.

Message 16 of 71
Latest reply

It's a great idea in principle ie: 2 x identical items one has free post $10, the other is $2 with $12 postage, hard for shoppers to work out. Anything that makes things harder is bad for everyone.

But I can see the point about bulk lots in more expensive postage boxes and even larger heavier items that will incur the extra fee on something ebay shouldn't be charging a fee upon (post) in the first place.

Sometimes a one size fits all doesn't always work.

Obviously if your post is $30 the ebay 10% costs you another $3 so you have to charge $3.34 because when you put the $3 extra on to cover the 10% ebay fee,  that $3 is then slugged with .30c, you put the $3.30 on and you're slugged $3.33 etc, etc...

Message 17 of 71
Latest reply

Even the big players will jump out of eBay . No profit . eBay is doomed.
Message 18 of 71
Latest reply

I think it's quite obvious that ebay is trying to ger rid of the buyer postage by all means, this is only a beginning, I believe their goal is to make the site totally postage free one day that's what they've been doing, we pay more so buyer will pay less and they get higher profit from end-value fees that's how things work. I've been selling on ebay for years

yet I've always hated this place.
Message 19 of 71
Latest reply

Next E Bay will be asking sellers to sell their items for nothing, free..nada..this really is the last straw

A GRUBBY E-BAY CASH GRAB GOUGE

Message 20 of 71
Latest reply