Away note

If you are just an ordinary non stire seller like me. is there a way to add an 'away' not to all listings simultaneaously without turbolister? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Away note

@meekamag2 wrote:

Thanks englishrose. Do you know of a quick easy way to do this?

I haven't actually done it myself but the option is there in bulk relist.  If you've never used bulk relist at all, read this page first:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/bulkedit.html

It's not as bad as it sounds and most of it is for advanced stuff you don't need to concern yourself with.  When you get to the bulk relist page, tick the items you want to change the description in, then click the dropdown arrow next to Edit Fields (the first option on the left, just above your list of items).  Choose Item description by clicking on it, then a window or box will open with the choice of three options.  One is for "Edit listings in bulk - add to item description."  Type what you want to add to your descriptions and it should hopefully do what it's supposed to.  

I'm sure I read somewhere (I can't find it now) that the message you type will appear at the bottom of all your descriptions.  Be aware that not all buyers will read to the bottom of a description so if you do this you need to make sure it's in promininent writing - a different colour and probably bold.  I haven't experienced it myself because I only used a normal PC, but from what I've read in the forums I think people viewing your items via phones etc may not even be shown the full description, so that's something else to consider.

There's also an option to bulk find and replace in descriptions but I've never tried it, and another option to edit descriptions individually.  They're still done through bulk edit and it just saves you opening each listing separately.  

crowsman, I usually have problems if I try to edit more than 20 at a time, sometimes a lot less than this.  I've always assumed this was probably due to my slow internet speed but perhaps ebay just can't handle the higher numbers, so you may be better to try smaller batches.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Away note

I don't think so, AWAY status is only available to stores as far as I know.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Away note

@meekamag2 wrote:

If you are just an ordinary non stire seller like me. is there a way to add an 'away' not to all listings simultaneaously without turbolister? Thanks in advance.

You can possibly add a note across the bottom of all your descriptions by doing a bulk edit, but if you aren't going to be home I wouldn't recommend having any of your listings showing at all.  It's a recipe for disaster and it's not really fair on buyers.  If you're only going to be away a couple of days it won't really matter but any more and you're better to just let your listings end beforehand, allowing time for slow payers before you go away.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Away note

@englishrosegardens wrote:

@meekamag2 wrote:

You can possibly add a note across the bottom of all your descriptions by doing a bulk edit, but if you aren't going to be home I wouldn't recommend having any of your listings showing at all.  It's a recipe for disaster and it's not really fair on buyers.  If you're only going to be away a couple of days it won't really matter but any more and you're better to just let your listings end beforehand, allowing time for slow payers before you go away.

I have tried Bulk editing  in the description and after an hour of trying to load 50 items It was still spinning. I ended up doing them one by one. If anyone knows how to bulk edit 50 descriptions with bulk edit tool I for one would love to know also.

Thank You

Paddy

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Away note

penny is correct, holiday mode is only avail to stores.

image host
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Away note

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Away note

If you have auctions running and are going away for more than three or four days I would advise ending them all as well as any BINS and relisting with a starting date a couple of days before you get back.  If it is just for a few days then increase your handling time by the number of days so you do not risk late delivery defects.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Away note

@meekamag2 wrote:

I haven't actually done it myself but the option is there in bulk relist.  If you've never used bulk relist at all, read this page first:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/bulkedit.html

It's not as bad as it sounds and most of it is for advanced stuff you don't need to concern yourself with.  When you get to the bulk relist page, tick the items you want to change the description in, then click the dropdown arrow next to Edit Fields (the first option on the left, just above your list of items).  Choose Item description by clicking on it, then a window or box will open with the choice of three options.  One is for "Edit listings in bulk - add to item description."  Type what you want to add to your descriptions and it should hopefully do what it's supposed to.  

I'm sure I read somewhere (I can't find it now) that the message you type will appear at the bottom of all your descriptions.  Be aware that not all buyers will read to the bottom of a description so if you do this you need to make sure it's in promininent writing - a different colour and probably bold.  I haven't experienced it myself because I only used a normal PC, but from what I've read in the forums I think people viewing your items via phones etc may not even be shown the full description, so that's something else to consider.

There's also an option to bulk find and replace in descriptions but I've never tried it, and another option to edit descriptions individually.  They're still done through bulk edit and it just saves you opening each listing separately.  

crowsman, I usually have problems if I try to edit more than 20 at a time, sometimes a lot less than this.  I've always assumed this was probably due to my slow internet speed but perhaps ebay just can't handle the higher numbers, so you may be better to try smaller batches.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Away note

I have tried 10 then 5 then 2 and ended up with 1 all manually

Thank You

Paddy

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply