BAD BUYER NEED HELP

I am in need of some advice and help ... I had a buyer purchase 49 items of me on the 5th of october in which i sent a combined invoice which gave him access to make payment via bank deposit or paypal.on the 12th October i had not heard a whisper out of the buyer so i contacted the buyer to find out what was going on ...

2 days later on the 14th i get a response to contact someone on there mobile / or email address so i contacted via sms in which was asked to email the bank details through and told payment would be made on friday 17th october .... I tried emailing bank details through to the email address i was given only to have that email bounce back I contacted again via sms in which i was given another email address on Sunday the 19th Oct to email them through ( this one did not bounce back )

On Tues the 21st Oct I contacted via sms to see if details had gone through to which i got a reply saying i didnt have access to internet for 2 days and nothing had gone though ... also stated i can pay you quicker i have access to the ebay account and could i send a message to the users account ...I then told this person via sms what do you mean send a message if you have access to the account i have already sent a invoivce and its not up to me to keep chasing around for payment .... now checkout was completed on ebay back on friday the 17th which has shown even when i click on order details i can see that it gave them my bank details .... I

contacted the buyer again on the 27th October saying I am still waiting on payment and there was no word from the buyer after this until yesterday the 30th October when i opened up a unpaid item dispute against the 49 items that where purchased back on the 5th October so i gave ample time to pay and funny enough i get a message within hours of opening the dispute the user of the account said i have gone back through her emails and there is no bank details showing to make payment and if i cancel the transaction i will get a refund of the fees i had already paid associated with the sale I have contacted eBay about this sale and they have told me to contact you to cancel the sale. 

So this is my dilemma what would you do as a seller if this happened to you .... Ithese items have already been madeand i  do not think its fair to cancel the transaction after all this time and the buyer just gets away with whatever,,, however as a seller if i force the sale i then risk them leaving me negatice feedback 

The buyer is a experianced buyer on ebay so would have well known bank details showed on completion of checkout which was done the 17th October

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

BAD BUYER NEED HELP

I personally would not cancel the dispute.

No way.

For a couple of reasons.

1. From what others have said on here (not my personal knowledge or experience) I gather that if you simply ask someone to cancel a transaction and they don't bother to respond, you are left with all the selling fees to pay, they are not refunded back to you.

2. If you withdrew a dispute, I am not sure you could open a second one if you needed to.

These people have given you the complete run around. I believe they have lied to you all along because they are not trying to pay now, they are trying to cancel out.

Let the dispute stand. After a few days (4 I think), make a claim.

That way they get a strike, you get selling fees refunded.

Apart from anything else, I think you owe it to the ebay community to give this buyer a strike. What they have done to you is wrong and if they do it to someone else and get another strike, at least they will be on some blocked lists and feel some consequences.

DO NOT cancel your dispute!!

If they don't pay for the goods, they can't give you negative feedback (you will be able to have it removed if they try)

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

BAD BUYER NEED HELP

you cancel they can leave neg feedback.
You open non payment disputes for them they cannot leave neg feedback.

I know what I would do.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

BAD BUYER NEED HELP

I would not cancel either, file the unpaid item disputes.

We used to do that but not anymore.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

BAD BUYER NEED HELP

I'd say DO NOT cancel the UPI case. Let it run its course.

After 4-days close it and get your fees back. And they get a strike which other sellers can use to block them if they have their settings right.

If they leave you NEG and still do not pay then after the UPI case closes without payment you should be able to get ebay to remove the NEG.

They could pay before the 4-days is up. But seems unlikely from what you are saying..

If this happens you will then have to ship their items and you stand a chance of getting a NEG that you may struggle to have removed.

Also make sure you add them to you BBL to make sure they cannot bother you again.

Once its all done you can relist the items.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

BAD BUYER NEED HELP

Thank you for the great advice it was along the lines of what i was thinking why should i let them get away with it.... 

@almighty_auctions wrote:

I am in need of some advice and help ... I had a buyer purchase 49 items of me on the 5th of october in which i sent a combined invoice which gave him access to make payment via bank deposit or paypal.on the 12th October i had not heard a whisper out of the buyer so i contacted the buyer to find out what was going on ...

2 days later on the 14th i get a response to contact someone on there mobile / or email address so i contacted via sms in which was asked to email the bank details through and told payment would be made on friday 17th october .... I tried emailing bank details through to the email address i was given only to have that email bounce back I contacted again via sms in which i was given another email address on Sunday the 19th Oct to email them through ( this one did not bounce back )

On Tues the 21st Oct I contacted via sms to see if details had gone through to which i got a reply saying i didnt have access to internet for 2 days and nothing had gone though ... also stated i can pay you quicker i have access to the ebay account and could i send a message to the users account ...I then told this person via sms what do you mean send a message if you have access to the account i have already sent a invoivce and its not up to me to keep chasing around for payment .... now checkout was completed on ebay back on friday the 17th which has shown even when i click on order details i can see that it gave them my bank details .... I

contacted the buyer again on the 27th October saying I am still waiting on payment and there was no word from the buyer after this until yesterday the 30th October when i opened up a unpaid item dispute against the 49 items that where purchased back on the 5th October so i gave ample time to pay and funny enough i get a message within hours of opening the dispute the user of the account said i have gone back through her emails and there is no bank details showing to make payment and if i cancel the transaction i will get a refund of the fees i had already paid associated with the sale I have contacted eBay about this sale and they have told me to contact you to cancel the sale. 

So this is my dilemma what would you do as a seller if this happened to you .... Ithese items have already been madeand i  do not think its fair to cancel the transaction after all this time and the buyer just gets away with whatever,,, however as a seller if i force the sale i then risk them leaving me negatice feedback 

The buyer is a experianced buyer on ebay so would have well known bank details showed on completion of checkout which was done the 17th October

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply