BUYER EDITED TOTAL Why & How?

Gday All...

Checked my Bank account tonight as I had a couple of Bank Deposit Payments due...

One showed as Interbank Deposit for $10 (tomorrow it should have more details)

I have one outstanding amount left for $10.35, so went and checked the Sales Record where it states Buyer Edited Total ??

I thought Sellers were the only ones able to adjust amounts owed via an invoice etc.

Am I Wrong?

Look forward to responses

A Confused Jo Woman Surprised

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am not a seller so I have no idea How....but in the past I have been able to edit invoices, especially when a seller has given me a postage quote and the invoice arrives with no postage quoted.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for the input Lyndal

No invoice was sent with this one...

Buyer made purchase, went straight to checkout then used bank deposit.

There was only one postage option available.

I received the email notifications within a minute of each other - no input from me at all

Buyer hasn't responded to an email trying to sort it out

I haven't come across this before with bank deposits and thought others may have.

Thanks again - Jo

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Bank deposit does not require an invoice.

Once the buyer has your bank details they can deposit any amount they like and you will never know until it hits your bank.

They would not have to edit any invoice as bank deposit does not rely on the invoice at all....it is not electronic as payal is.

I would be interested to know how this turns out.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I can't remember where it is but somewhere under the account tab there is an option to allow buyers to alter invoices which you can turn off. I am sure if you have a quick look through you will be able to find it.  Personally I wouldn't quibble over it as you have lost less than if you had to pay the Paypal fee.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Yes PJ, I agree it's only a small amount and that's not the part that had me concerned...

I know the option you are talking about in Preferences and that's disabled.

It was the 'Buyer Edited Total' when I have that disabled that concerned me.

Buyer made contact not mentioning the Buyer Edited Total bit and just said the he thought it was $10, so all good there.

I just wondered if others had come across something similar, 'tis all.

Thanks for the input - Jo

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

If a buyer pays by bank deposit then they can pay what ever amount they wish to pay.

And because the didn't pay you the correct amount that is why you received the message that the buyer had altered the total amount due.

It was just a warning message that the buyer never paid the full amount.

I had plenty of those in my time and all I ever did was contact the buyers and let them know that they never paid the correct amount and could they deposit the correct amount before I sent their item/s.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

But how would ebay/paypal know that the buyer did not pay the full amount if they used bank deposit?

They have no control over what is paid via bank deposit as they don't know.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

That was my thinking too Lyndal.

For it to have shown up on my Sales Record, I thought the Buyer must have twiddled with 'something'  to have triggered it??

Jo

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply