Bad Buyers increasing by the day - what is going on?

Has anybody else noticed a sharp increase in bad buyers?

Lately I've had increased large numbers of buyers a) not paying for items, or b) just not bothering to contact me after they have purchased an item...or c) just mucking me around, stringing me out and then not following through with purchase?

What is going on?

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I solve this problem by requiring immediate payment. It's pointless to chase up and a waste of my time in my opinion .

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 51
Latest reply

The solution is not to cancel a transaction for that reason.It was their request to cancel & you are at their mercy to reply to the cancel request.If they don't I'm pretty sure that you cannot then do a NPB.

Another thing is that a cancelled transaction leaves the bidder to leave fb & DSR on an item they have not received.Do you trust a person who bids or clicks a BIN & changes mind to rate you on a sale with & perhaps trash your stars? I don't.I always NPB & let them get the strike they deserve.

View solution in original post

Message 34 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Open up Cases against them and they will then either cough up or get strikes. This is only the beginning of "The New Look Freebay"

Message 2 of 51
Latest reply

I had 2 buyers yesterday buy items then within a matter of 1/2 hour and 2 hours later both just sent a message saying don't want to buy this now. After sending replys about cancellations I have not heard back. So if they don't reply it will be NPB dispute for them

Message 3 of 51
Latest reply

Well, it's going to worse as from tomorrow (Nov 1) when the 'new 180 day change their minds' rules come into effect

Message 4 of 51
Latest reply

Open up a case is how it should be. If they still don't pay all's good.

But...

Then they pay because they have to.

They get angry and leave you a NEG and trash your stars as well.

Message 5 of 51
Latest reply

Or worse still, they pay, leave you neg, then change their mind and want a refund which we have to give them from the 1st Nov!

Stuffed up all around - I think I'm going to have to find another selling website.. any suggestions?

Message 6 of 51
Latest reply

Or the buyer requests to cancel the transaction, the seller reluctantly agrees and sends through the cancellation request, then the buyer doesn't bother respondin or agreeing to it, so the seller has to wait another 4 days to relist the item, by this time you've waited 4 days to send them the unpaid item reminder, then another 4 days to wait for them to agree to cancel, so 8 days before you can re-list or you pay more fees for listing early..just terrible for Sellers, ebay is now way to one sided ebay don't care about looking after their sellers..

Message 7 of 51
Latest reply

... and then ask for a refund and claim item as not as described..

Your *&^^&%^  all round..

Message 8 of 51
Latest reply

We are hoping that most buyers won't even know about this 180-day money back guarantee.

Unless ebay send out a big flashy announcement to everyone most buyers wouldn't even know.

And if they don't know they won't try it on.

So... we are quietly hoping it won't actually change anything much about our selling.

Message 9 of 51
Latest reply

What will happen with this 180 day turn around refund policy ? Buyers will for eg. buy a bike, ride it in their local triathlon, get the use out of it, then a month or two later when they are sick of it, they'll turn around and want a refund and say it wasn't quite what they were looking for, that applies to any number of products, total abuse of the system, I guarantee this new policy will totally ruin businesses....

Message 10 of 51
Latest reply