Being charged monthly seller fees, haven't sold anything recently.

88gustaf
Community Member

When I signed up to become a seller I read the agreement, and understood that I will have to pay a seller fee when listing certain items, and when something I have listed has sold.

The last item I sold was approximately 2 months ago (I have only sold 2 items in total), and I already received the bill for that at the end of January. I have not bought or sold anything since, yet I am being charged monthly seller fees of $12, why? My Paypal account has been charged 3 or 4 times now, and I have only ever sold two things.

If e-bay is charging recurring seller fees, regardless of account activity, then this is just about the most shady business practice I have come across. At the very least, they should state this in bold at the very beginning of the agreement.

Can someone please confirm this? If so, I will cancel the recurring fee on Paypal. Would this mean that I lose my right to sell on e-bay? If anybody can clarify, it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Gustaf.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Being charged monthly seller fees, haven't sold anything recently.

Thanks to everyone for the advice, I will probably just wait for the response from customer service to find out if there's a problem or not.

why wait for an automated computer response when all the above tells you just exactly how to find out what the charges were???

?:|  why even ask here

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

Are you sure you were actually charged several times?  They send you several notices for the same payment; first at the end of the billing period they tell you what you will pay and then before they take the money out they tell you again.  The payments are taken out quite some time after the invoice.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Are you sure you were actually charged several times?  They send you several notices for the same payment; first at the end of the billing period they tell you what you will pay and then before they take the money out they tell you again.  The payments are taken out quite some time after the invoice.

I guess the smart thing to do would be to check paypal account and see exactly what has happened

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

I guess the smart thing to do would be to check paypal account and see exactly what has happened

Ummm... no. That won't provide a detailed breakdown. Looking in your My eBay Account details will.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

Ummm... no. That won't provide a detailed breakdown. Looking in your My eBay Account details will.

No it wont, but it will show how many times and what amounts have been taken in total

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

cbw2103
Community Member

I had the same thing happen to me, I disputed it and paypal came back and said that I authorised the debit. I have not sold anything on ebay for over a month.  I agree there is something shady going on now. You seem to get charged monthly whether you are selling or not. 

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

This thread is five months old.

You resurrected it, but did you read it? There were several methods given to allow you to determine exactly what you are being charged for.

But, for starters, if you sell an item on the first day of your billing month it will go on your current bill, NOT the one that you will pay 2 weeks after the sale. It can easily be six weeks between incurring the debt and paying for it. Happens to me all the time. I paid my July bill on Monday, at which time I already had a few more fees racked up. Which I will pay next month.

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Where's Trev?

at least this thread was reasonably short..... sigh1.gif

cba - follow what the others have said above, if you get no joy from that RING eBay, don't email them. Getting charged as the OP describes for no reason is very unusual and unlikely. Best to be sure. I highly doubt it is something shady.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

I am having the same problem ,I tried to cancel the automatic payment , but they just keep on charging , have had no way to contact them other than responding to their emails with invoices but they do not respond and just keep on charging although i have had 0 listings for 2 months ...it’s shady indeed and I don’t seem to be able to find a way to stop this
Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

I am having the same problem ,I tried to cancel the automatic payment , but they just keep on charging , have had no way to contact them other than responding to their emails with invoices but they do not respond and just keep on charging although i have had 0 listings for 2 months ...it’s shady indeed and I don’t seem to be able to find a way to stop this
It shown on for 2 months and i am not able to resolve it

there is nowhere where i can find a subscription on my account so something is very shady indeed and needs to be resolved
Message 20 of 28
Latest reply