Being charged monthly seller fees, haven't sold anything recently.

88gustaf
Community Member

When I signed up to become a seller I read the agreement, and understood that I will have to pay a seller fee when listing certain items, and when something I have listed has sold.

The last item I sold was approximately 2 months ago (I have only sold 2 items in total), and I already received the bill for that at the end of January. I have not bought or sold anything since, yet I am being charged monthly seller fees of $12, why? My Paypal account has been charged 3 or 4 times now, and I have only ever sold two things.

If e-bay is charging recurring seller fees, regardless of account activity, then this is just about the most shady business practice I have come across. At the very least, they should state this in bold at the very beginning of the agreement.

Can someone please confirm this? If so, I will cancel the recurring fee on Paypal. Would this mean that I lose my right to sell on e-bay? If anybody can clarify, it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Gustaf.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Being charged monthly seller fees, haven't sold anything recently.

Gustaf,if you go into your Account,Selling & look at the invoice,it will show you what the $12 is for.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

88gustaf
Community Member

Thank you foxette, however in the invoice it does not specify what the bill is for, it just says 'payments - $12.21'

Could you give me some more insight as to what 'payments' implies?

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

88gustaf
Community Member

Edit: I clicked on the 'payment' option and it says

"PayPal Payment -- Automatic Monthly Billing -- Thank you"

So, does this mean that I am being charged monthly regardless of my activity on e-bay? Does every seller have to pay this fee?

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Gustaf,you must be signed up for something by the sounds of it-look at Subscriptions & see if you have ticked yes to anything.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

88gustaf
Community Member

I have checked my subscriptions, and from what I can tell, I am not signed up for anything. I have e-mailed customer support and will wait for an answer from them. 

Thank you for your assistance foxette, much appreciated!

Regards,

Gustaf.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Click on Summary then to the right is Invoices under there is Select Invoice, click on the drop down arrow to the right of Select Invoice and then click on  the last Invoice you got and then click on GO.

From there any charges will be itemized to see what you are paying for.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

gustav, go to your Account Tab,

choose SELLER ACCOUNT

then look for the link under Current Balance

for FEES

click that to get a breakdown of every fee you are being charged.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

gustaf, you sold one item late Jan for $154.50, so $12.21 would be the final value fee for that item, so that last invoice would cover that one,

previously you sold an item early Jan for $192.50, so guessing your previous invoice would have been $15.20.

I can`t account for a third or fourth amount though, those you need to take up with ebay if there is no history for the charges on your account when you check back as directed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

88gustaf
Community Member

Thanks to everyone for the advice, I will probably just wait for the response from customer service to find out if there's a problem or not.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply