Best Couriers

Hi all,

Just wondering what everyone's experiences are with Couriers? I generally use Australia Post, but occassionaly have used e-Go Couriers as a seller and had fairly good experiences. I have had to prompt them to pick up items, and once they gor confused as I requested two parcles for pick up and they forgot the second one for a day or two until I queried. Other than that all parcels arrived intact.

I have heard a lot of bad press about Fastway, but have to say as a buyer who receives quite a lot from them, I have never had a bad experience. All parcels arriving and pretty good drivers.

What are your experiences?

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Best Couriers

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

e-Go are marginally OK but Fastway and Couriers Please are a disaster waiting to happen.  I would avoid a seller like the plague if I knew they were using Fastway or CP.

Part of the problem is that the larger more reliable companies will not deal with customers who have a small volume of packages.

They only deal with large companies with high volumes of freight.

Sometimes it is better to go through a courier broker such as Temando to access the bigger companies.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Best Couriers

Have used Fastway for our business for nearly 10 years and never had a problem or a lost parcel. They have even contacted me when an address has been wrong to find out the right one and completed the delivery on several occassions. Even had one parcel returned at no cost when the recipient had left the country without our knowledge. If the address is wrong with Australia Post or you use the street address instead of the PO box number they returned the parcel or letter back to sender. Even had a letter return when the recipient has moved next door.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Best Couriers

@lyndal1838 wrote:

e-Go are marginally OK but Fastway and Couriers Please are a disaster waiting to happen.  I would avoid a seller like the plague if I knew they were using Fastway or CP.

Have you ever had a bad experience with Fastway? I have been using them for the last 6 years without any significant issues. And in the odd case a package has gone missing, they have fully reimbursed me via their $1500 insurance promise.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Best Couriers

@asporty wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Have you ever had a bad experience with Fastway? I have been using them for the last 6 years without any significant issues. And in the odd case a package has gone missing, they have fully reimbursed me via their $1500 insurance promise.

I am not an ebay seller so no, I have not had a bad experience as a seller.

But I have had more than enough problems as a buyer....which is why I would avoid sellers that use Fastway.

Added to my personal experience of Fastway deliveries, myself and 2 other family members have been in the courier industry since 1990 so know very well what their reputation is like over a long period of time.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Best Couriers

Has anyone used Mailman by Officeworks? They're a little cheaper than Aussie Post 

http://www.officeworks.com.au/mailman

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Best Couriers

@billexploited wrote:

Has anyone used Mailman by Officeworks? They're a little cheaper than Aussie Post 

http://www.officeworks.com.au/mailman

I have thought about them as I usually print my labels at Officeworks anyway. Apparently though, they use Fastway anyway, so you are really using Fastway. Would be convenient for me, but if I remember correctly the buyer needs to have an Officeworks location close to them?

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Best Couriers

That is true they need to be an officeworks or they can have it picked up at a specfied location so to speak

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Best Couriers

Officeworks Mailman does not depend on the buyer or seller being near an Officeworks store.

They use Fastways and you have to accept the Fastways Terms of Carriage.  Once you do that you are in effect a Fastways customer and they pickup and deliver anywhere that any courier will deliver.

Officeworks also have their own delivery service for their customers....this also has a Click and Collect service where you can pick up from an Officeworks store....but this is not the Mailman service which anyone can access.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Best Couriers

(works for fastway)
Message 10 of 22
Latest reply