Best Offer query

Hi

I have a few buy it now items listed with best offer option.  I have an offer on one item that I would likely accept.  However if I make a counter offer which the buyer declines, can I still accept the original offer?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best Offer query

Not via the previous, the declined offer expires. Two ways around it though as per previous poster if they have messaged you then you can send an offer with, or message them and ask them to remake the offer, or somewhere inbetween. As they have three attempts via the make an offer system.

TBH if you are willing to accept an offer take it, as the buyer may then just walk away

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Best Offer query

Hi,  I don't think you woulld have the option to accept the original offer if they decline your counter-offer.  However if they were to decline your offer, there is a feature that Ebay have where you can send them an email offering the item at a  price (for instance their initial offering). 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Best Offer query

Not via the previous, the declined offer expires. Two ways around it though as per previous poster if they have messaged you then you can send an offer with, or message them and ask them to remake the offer, or somewhere inbetween. As they have three attempts via the make an offer system.

TBH if you are willing to accept an offer take it, as the buyer may then just walk away

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Best Offer query

I agree with lane-ends. My experience has been that 99% of the time their best offer is really their best offer, and if the offer is acceptable to you, you should accept it.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Best Offer query

Many thanks - yes I accepted the best offer for the reasons mentioned

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply