Block people who make stupid offers?

I just had an offer for an item. They offered me less than 10% of what it will very easily sell for, INCLUDING post. Simply, I'd be paying him money to take the item away if I accepted his generosity. I'm actually still laughing and shaking my head 10 minutes on from that.

Is it worth blocking someone who clearly doesn't take things seriously? 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Yep.      Do it now before they use their other 2 tries at make an offer

Quick....off ya go........

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Why just not set your minimum offer that you'd accept so then you wouldn't have too acknowledge any silly offers.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

This is an auction I'm talking about, I do set a minimum when it's a fixed price with best offer.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

They made an offer on an auction? Tell them if they want the item they have to bid on it like everyone else. Then block them.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

So the buyer wants you to end the auction and sell it to them correct?

As an experienced seller you should perhaps skim through the message have a laugh then just delete it and move on or politely reply with sorry but I'm going to let the auction finish and the highest bidder will win it 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I had someone pm me an offer of $10 on an auction where the bidding had already gone past $20. I didn't bother to respond.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@silence_electronics wrote:

This is an auction I'm talking about, I do set a minimum when it's a fixed price with best offer.

That changes things a lot in my book.

I can sort of understand some newbies might try it on in "Make an offer" just to see how they go but in an ordinary auction, making offers is just plain rude. Yes, I'd block them because it is incredibly cheeky to be offering you such a low amount.

I don't know why some people do this, they have fronts as big as Myer, as my mum used to say.

I once had someone make a really low, low offer for a large item of furniture then ask me to deliver it-they were about 40km away on the other side of town, through tollways.

I don't think these sorts are worth negotiating with.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@shiver_me_shrimp wrote:

I had someone pm me an offer of $10 on an auction where the bidding had already gone past $20. I didn't bother to respond.

Haha, love it. And why would you? I hope it went way higher than $20.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply