Blocked Buyer buys an item!

Hi Everyone I placed a buyer on my blocked buyers list and they have been able to purchase. I have emailed ebay to request an explanation. Does anyone have any insight into this? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks so much for your advice. I refunded the customer and cancelled the sale. The concern for me remains is how does a blocked buyer buy an item. Ebay have sent very generic responses but I have requested that look into it a bit further.  It's all good.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I can give you insight into what will happen to your email. It will be read by an autobot who will press  a button and attach whatever answer appears in the window which will have no relevance to your question. First off double check that you have used the correct spelling for the BBL and that their id does not appear in your exceptions list, if all is good then ring ebay, forget about emailing.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks so much for your response. I have contacted ebay and they got back to me straight away requesting more information which I provided. I did check the BBL and it is correct but noticed that the list I created with other Blocked Buyers has been removed so not sure what I am doing wrong or if Ebay is not processing the BB. When I tried to cancel the sale it only gives two options, 1. Your item is not in stock and 2. The buyer requests to cancel the transaction. Ebay have said that it may take 3 days to look into this. So do I go ahead and refund the buyer or wait for Ebay?  Thanks so much

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

What was the reason you put them on your blocked list?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Has the person paid for the item?

If they have, I would post it off straight away, as long as they are in Australia, not overseas or anything.

The buyer probably has no idea they are in any blocked list, it is not their fault the sale went through. And ebay isn't going to make a decision for 3 days. That's too long, it is ridiculous.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I would prefer not to say in a public forum suffice to say it was very difficult. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks so much for your advice. I refunded the customer and cancelled the sale. The concern for me remains is how does a blocked buyer buy an item. Ebay have sent very generic responses but I have requested that look into it a bit further.  It's all good.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Yes it is odd the sale went through if they are on your blocked list with the user name 100% correct etc

I would expect ebay to look into it and get back with an exact response, not a generic one and I can't see why it should have taken them more than 24 hours, they are not very efficient.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply