Blocking bidders with a low feedback score

I want to block all buyers that have a feedback score of 5 or lower, as I am geting a

large number of phony bidders that don't pay, and they are usually people that have

just signed up to ebay.

I went into 'site preference' under 'buyer requirements' and all I could find is the section where it

says you can block buyers that are winning or have purchased anywhere from 1 to 10 items in the last

10 days, and you can apply this to buyers who have a feedback score of 5 or lower.

So I picked number '1' meaning block buyers who are winning one item currently but

then pickecd '5' meaning to apply this rule to bidders that have a feedback score of 5 or lower.

So if I am reading this correctly, have I successfully blocked all future bidders that have a feedback

score of 5 or lower even if they only want to buy one item from me (which is what I want, as I am

sick of it, with these non payers)

thanks

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, but no - that just means anyone with a FB score of 5 or less can't purchase more than one item in a 10 day period.

There is no blanket block on low feedback buyers, the closest is the one to block buyers who have not gone through phone verification (many new buyers won't have, though having a PayPal account linked to eBay and/or a credit card on file will override this block). 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sorry, but no - that just means anyone with a FB score of 5 or less can't purchase more than one item in a 10 day period.

There is no blanket block on low feedback buyers, the closest is the one to block buyers who have not gone through phone verification (many new buyers won't have, though having a PayPal account linked to eBay and/or a credit card on file will override this block). 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

OK. Thanks for your reply

I will leave it the way I have it then, because at least if they have a feedback score of 5 or lower

they can only bid on one item. I have had some people bid on 7 items at once and not pay.

This week I had someone bid on two items. So if they want to be nasty then it will be limited to

one item only. I usually find these types of bidders have very low feedback scores or have just signed up so

it should help me.

I am also blocking bidders that have had only 2 unpaid items cases against them in the last 12 mths and

that way I block out people with that bad habit too.

So annoying.... these people...

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

How to win repeat buyers.

Tell me, when you started out on eBay what was YOUR feedback score?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Are you opening and closing unpaid item disputes to give these non payers a strike? I'm lucky to get 4 non payers a year. I open and close the case, block them, relist and move on. Most of my low or 0 feedback buyers are great. It's usually the higher feedback buyers that cause the trouble.

I guess a non payer is better than someone claiming not described because something arrives broken. You have some really nice stuff there, I'm not sure how you can post it as large letter without protecting them against breakage.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Hi, I hear you, but I have had nothing but trouble from people just joining up on the day they want to bid. I have a feeling they start up a new id because they have been taken down, or too many bad strikes against them so they can't bid.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

HI, I don't send everything as a large letter. I only charge a flat rate
I work it out once wrapped, so some can go as large letter and some have to go $7.45 depending on thickness, and hopefully it evens out a bit for me, but I think I end up paying more for the postage in the long run
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Do keep an eye on your listings if you have the number of items bidders can buy chosen. I used to have it set at 5 items in 10 days on some of my items but after a couple of buyers let me know they were wanting to bid on a second item and they couldn't I went and checked and all my items had reset themselves at more than 1 item.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply