Bought items from different sellers in different locations but deliverd in same package!

I just received items bought from 2 different sellers located in separate parts of Australia but the items arrived in the same package!

I've long suspected that alot of the smaller and cheaper items sold on Ebay and claimed to be located in Australia are actually located overseas. Orders are prepped and consolidated on a weekly basis before being sent to Australia. Once here the consolidation is split and items delivered individually.

Of course they could be warehoused in Australia before being sent out however I don't understand why then it would take 10 to 14 days to be delivered (even if the items are located in the same city). Also packages aren't always stamped or franked and just have a piece of paper with the address sticky taped on.

While the logistics would be very tight it could explain how some sellers can sell (and post) so cheaply.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Bought items from different sellers in different locations but deliverd in same package!

On their feedback page it says they're in China

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

The Item description specifies as being located in Australia.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

If you got the item in 10 - 14 days, I seriously doubt that it would have come from China.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@shepherdsrule wrote:

If you got the item in 10 - 14 days, I seriously doubt that it would have come from China.

Depends on the sender - I've had suppliers in China and Korea who routinely get gear (stock orders and individual items) to my door in Brisbane in 2 or 3 days without charging any extra.

Marina,

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

With Aust Post delivery items can regularly take 10-14 days within Australia depending on locations. You are getting the ink for next to nothing with free postage and yet you're leaving the sellers negative & neutral feedback based on a hunch.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@rocket2retro wrote:

With Aust Post delivery items can regularly take 10-14 days within Australia depending on locations. You are getting the ink for next to nothing with free postage and yet you're leaving the sellers negative & neutral feedback based on a hunch.

Well picked up rocket, and thank you.

More for the sellers party lists Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@nevillesdaughter wrote:

@shepherdsrule wrote:

Depends on the sender - I've had suppliers in China and Korea who routinely get gear (stock orders and individual items) to my door in Brisbane in 2 or 3 days without charging any extra.

Marina,

Same here. I get consolidations from Asia and the US in 3 days. 

Cheers

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I was recently looking for some items and the only criteria was price....I wanted the cheapest possible price and I did not care how long they took to arrive or where they came from.

Most of the sellers were from China and the listings were for all intents and purposes identical....all listed with Best Offer.

There was one listing supposedly in Australia but slightly more expensive.  There was nothing about the listing that made me believe it was anything but a Chinese listing with incorrect item location.   I made an offer that took the price to lower than all the others....it was accepted, I paid at 5.30pm and settled back to wait a few weeks for my item to arrive from China.

Imagine my surprise when the package arrived via Australia Post at 7am the next morning, less than 14 hours after payment was made.

And from the Sydney suburb that was mentioned in the listing.

It is never a good idea to assume anything....that seller has had a number of orders since then from me and other family members.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@rocket2retro wrote:

Please don't make assumptions to ensure a more constructive thread. 

Cheers

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply