Business Policies - Postage rate tables

I am trying to use the Postage rate tables for a number of items on our store. They all vary in size & weight.

As these items are to large / heavy to send in pre-paid satchels either via Australia Post or other carriers so we must use a courier - in our case TOLL IPEC. They charge a different price depending on the weight / size / destination of the item.

I have experimented with a few test items, but no matter what I try I can not get even close to the prices I need to set.

I have tried ringing eBay Customer Support but they were useless.

Thanks,

Dean

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

5kazam
Community Member

Why don't you set it to 'freight' (large and bulky items) and put in your listing for prospective buyers to contact you for a cost to their postcode.  I would think you should be able to get correct information from Toll/Ipec web site as to how much for Xlength, Xwidth, xheight, xweight, to XXXX.  (I'm sure they would have that information, a bit like Aust Post Postage Calculator).  That certainly works for me (through the Postage Calculator), as I'm able to give interested people a firm cost to send to them.  It also has the advantage of letting you know who is seriously looking at buying what is being offered.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Yes, I do have that on some items & include a table of charges for different zones. I would just like to remove the step where the buyer has to contact us to get a price before purchasing.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

From my viewpoint, the contact me is irrelevant.  Having said that I don't have a high turnover rate - and if you do, yeah, it would be an annoyance.  So just forget my suggestion.  I'm sure that others will be able to help you out on this one.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply