Buyer Leaving Neutral Feedback For Not Giving Giving Them Pos Feedback First. Thoughts?

Has anyone come accross this?
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Buyer Leaving Neutral Feedback For Not Giving Giving Them Pos Feedback First. Thoughts?

I am sure you could get it removed by ebay as like already stated feedback is voluntary. Neither party has to leave anything if they don't wish to.  I have my feedback on auto, so soon as someone leaves a positive it will be left for them in return. Many sellers use the auto feedback, some sellers do it manually once a month.

Ring ebay and ask for feedback and the defect to be removed.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I've heard of it.

It doesn't make a lot of sense because it isn't really a statement about the transaction as such & feedback isn't compulsory.

But sure, it annoys a lot of buyers.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

I am sure you could get it removed by ebay as like already stated feedback is voluntary. Neither party has to leave anything if they don't wish to.  I have my feedback on auto, so soon as someone leaves a positive it will be left for them in return. Many sellers use the auto feedback, some sellers do it manually once a month.

Ring ebay and ask for feedback and the defect to be removed.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Some people are more concerned about getting feedback than what they are about the item they bought. There are buyers with thousands of feedback who will neg someone for not leaving it first.

It happened to a friend of mine. Their buyer had over 3000 feedback all from buying. When he contacted the buyer, they replied that sellers are obligated to leave feedback as soon as the buyers pay,  which we know is hogwash. Buyer lost out because they got NO feedback from my friend. 

I think some buyers see it as fluffing their ego or look at me, I bought something and paid for it.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

I have heard of it, but my first thought is the seller perhaps should leave positive feedback first. I've found it encourages buyers to leave feedback more quickly.
Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

encourages buyer to leave feedback more quickly. Yeah ok.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

We leave a buyer FB once we pack and mail out their item.

It also gives us a place to leave a follow-up comment if something should go wrong with the transaction.

eg if/when we mail out a replacement item if they claim it did not arrive.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

I dont know why some buyers get so hung up on getting feedback, i take no notice of my feedback as a buyer, its only going to be positive anyway, and id rather not get feedback, but seeing sellers do give it out id rather it say " this ebayer paid me", or something like that, it states a fact and to the point.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

@jessicadazzler wrote:
I have heard of it, but my first thought is the seller perhaps should leave positive feedback first. I've found it encourages buyers to leave feedback more quickly.

Should leave positive feedback first? As opposed to what? I don't care whether I get feedback as a buyer or a seller. No feedback means no risk of defects.

As already mentioned,  feedback is voluntary. That means there is no obligation by either party to leave it.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

This is the feedback that was left:
Neutral feedback rating maybe leave feedback on ur dealings with people not judging on what's left for u During past month
Message 10 of 21
Latest reply