Buyer Thialand wants postage reduced

A buyer inThialand wants me to reduce postage to $14 .It's for 2 shirts wieght $950 grams with cardboard in postbag.I have posted before.The same thing and has cost $38 with tracking .i have included the Ebay fee and handling in the postage rate.There is no way I can post for $14au.should I just cancel transaction.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The postage shown in the listing is what the buyer is obligated to paying.

You have certain postage selections to safeguard yourself so if a buyer wants cheaper postage, they should find a different seller.

I would explain that the postage cost from Australia is as such and open unpaid cases if the buyer refuses to complete the transaction. The buyer may be peeved at a cancellation and choose not to accept it and you don't get fees back.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I'd get the 'buyer' to ask for a cancellation then you have 'proof' that it was their error
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

tell em they agreed to the cost of postage when they pressed the 'buy' button, end of story.

maybe the post office has smaller stamps, that would reduce the size of postage lol

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you.I have done this.I will see what happens.They should have discussed this with me before this.They put in bid 4 days ago.They are quoting for me to send as per USA postage rate for some reason.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

If it's at all possible, maybe offer for them to buy an additional item and you'll offer cheaper postage, since you can make a little more profit and absorb as some of the postage?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I would just reply saying sorry but the postage cost is fixed as per the quote in the listing then if they do not pay by the end of day 4 you just open an unpaid item dispute then they either have to pay up in full or you can close it and they get a strike.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

She hasn't paid.So I have an unpaid item process in place.he wont even answer me.So I will close it in a couple of days and block her.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply