Buyer cant pay because of cancelled orders

Ok I think I must have missed something here. Buyer made a mistake when ordering and bought 1 length  of product...then on another order bought 10 lengths. I cancelled the first order and then sent an invoice for the second order. They cant pay because of the first cancelled order.

So I cancelled both orders and the customer then made a new order for 10 lengths but again ...they cant pay because of previous cancelled order ..

How do I send them an invoice that they can pay or how do I get rid of the cancelled orders. Yes the customer has accepted the cancalatoions 

Why is soooo hard ...(sigh)

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

just send them a paypal invoice. If ebay are too stoopid and make it so hard, they deserve to lose the fees on the sale.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Is this a known problem HBH ?  I have not done a cancel for yonks but dont remeber having this problem before.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

This just gets better. Contacted the buyer who payed by paypal after I sent an invoice from paypal. I went and marked the item as payment recieved. I got the little orange icon next to the bell up the top that says your buyer has paid - post the item...it shows the Payment recieved icon in the list AND it says I have 1 item to post. All good right !

Wrong .... I go to print a postage label and I cant ....it recons the buyer has not paid yet 

I give up ...this site is going backwards faster than a politician's promises after they win an election !!!! 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I bet you still get charged FVF

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

When did you mark it as paid? I have found that it can take up to 24 hours for the label generator to catch up when you have to mark it as paid yourself same as if they use bank deposit.  

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Because the buyer didnt pay via checkout, you can't use the eBay post system as it doesn't recognise the payment even though you have marked it as paid, (I had the same problem once). You will either have to do it manually via Click and Send, or package the item and pay directly at the post office or use a prepaid red satchel.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I have the same issue. Ebay advised me it is a glitch which can't fixed. The resolution is to send a cancellation request to the buyer for each item and then send them a Payapl invoice (once they have agreed to cancel).

I'm not sure why but the Ebay rep was unable to understand my point that customers are there to make a purchase for something they want and not resolve Ebay problems. The thought is lovely though...get your customers to do all your work for you.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply