Buyer claims not received, yet tracking says it was

Sent a few items by a Click and Send satchel on January 3 (just tracking, no signature). The Australia Post site says it was delivered on January 8 and 10:14am.

Buyer claims he has not received it. I replied to him and mentioned the tracking number so he can check and he will see it was delivered. All my click & Send satchels also mention if not home to leave a card so they can collect it at their Post office

Where do I stand with PayPal.Will they force me to refund the buyer when tracking says it is delivered?

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

No they won't, but posties don't always leave cards and apparently are known to mark as delivered before they get to the house.

Ask the buyer to check with their PO and see if it's there.

You should win a Paypal dispute, but I would be getting a stat dec from the buyer and, armed with that, laying into AP if it has in fact not been delivered. You should be able to get a refund (signature or no) and you can then refund the buyer.

Message 2 of 52
Latest reply

I think the buyer sells similar items on a PowerSeller ID, his name is very familiar

If the buyer loses a payPal claim if he chooses to go that way, can he still leave red ots in the feedback (there will be about 7 of them if it happens) and if that happenned would I have grounds to get them removed?

I will message him again asking to check AP.

Message 3 of 52
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Does the tracking show the actual address that it was delivered to?

I have a similar situation at the moment....I am the buyer and the tracking shows that the item was at the local parcel delivery depot, then on board with the driver and finally Delivered....but not to me.

The seller escalated the dispute but paypal tells me that unless she can provide proof of shipping to my address she is about to lose the dispute.

Message 4 of 52
Latest reply

Can you please provide a link to the item so the seller can be properly advised.

PayPal’s Seller Protection Policy only requires proof it was sent to the suburb in which the buyer resides.

In your post you  say “ I am the buyer and the tracking shows that the item was at the local parcel delivery depot,”  which is proof it was delivered to your suburb which is proof it was sent to your suburb.

Therefore contrary to what you have been told by PayPal , namely  “that unless she can provide proof of shipping to my address she is about to lose the dispute”, under the terms of PayPal Agreement,  she is entitled to Seller Protection and should be advised accordingly

Message 5 of 52
Latest reply

I have the same issue as well its only a small monetary parcel but the tracking states it was delivered to me on the 12th Jan

I have been at home every day I haven't Been carded and its not at the PO as I phoned

I have msg'd via ebay the seller 2 days running but no reply

My parcel's value it slight but I wanted it I guess I will wait a further few days and see what happens

Message 6 of 52
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Can you please provide a link to the item so the seller can be properly advised.

PayPal’s Seller Protection Policy only requires proof it was sent to the suburb in which the buyer resides.

In your post you  say “ I am the buyer and the tracking shows that the item was at the local parcel delivery depot,”  which is proof it was delivered to your suburb which is proof it was sent to your suburb.

Get off your high horse TB.  The delivery centre is NOT in my suburb....it is several suburbs away.  No way is the postcode of the delivery centre even remotely like my postcode.

Message 7 of 52
Latest reply

Lyndal, if your seller used click and send they will have proof.

It doesnt show the full address on the tracking, but it should show the suburb it was delivered to. And i think TB is right, they did change the paypal policy recently to allow post office receipts with the correct postcode as proof for seller protection, the question is, does the seller know that?

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 8 of 52
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

According to AP it was sent parcel post with tracking and I was told that it can not be tracked any further than the depot.  I have no idea what the seller may have as their proof but as they escalated the claim within a couple of hours of it being opened I can only assume they are happy with what they can provide to paypal.

The seller has till late this afternoon to send the proof to paypal...if they have the appropriate paperwork they are waiting till the last minute to do so.

Message 9 of 52
Latest reply

That sounds weird, how can it not be tracked further than the depot if the tracking says delivered? I just checked some of my click and send stuff and the delivered ones all say the suburb they were delivered to.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 10 of 52
Latest reply