Buyer fails to pck up item

I recently sold a bed on eBay and have been paid via Paypal. The buyer has not picked it up and is not returning calls, texts or emails. We are moving house shortly and cannot take the bed with us. Any ideas? Can I re-sell after the month I have been trying to make contact with the buyer? I don't see why I should refund the payment, given the above. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

screamingdemon_2007
Community Member

Seriously,  just resell it...    if the guy does make contact one day,  the worst thing that can happen is he gets refunded. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

i would relist it as well.  there may be a valid reason why you cannot contact the buyer but at the end of the day you need to get rid of the bed.  If they do contact you then Im sure they will understand and you will most likely need to refund them the money less any fees you have incurred.  I recently sold something and it tood 3 weeks for the person to come and pick it up and pay for it but they were honest with me in the reason why.  However I also had a deadline and I would have relisted it if they hadn't honoured their  promise to pick up by a certain date.  

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you were paid by paypal you can just refund the buyer.   That should be done before you relist.....you can't resell something that belongs to someone else.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Refunding might earn you a defect for your troubles (although eBay will probably remove it if you contact them). There are also lost fees to consider. I'd send the buyer a final message explaining you are moving & can't take with you and give them a date by which it must be picked up (leaving time for you to resell it if need be).

You have not given any timeframes.Thus is is hard to know if you are being reasonable or the buyer unresonable in terms of time. 

How long ago was it purchased? etc

I put 'item must be collected by...' in my listing description which would have helped in this case

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply