Buyer has not paid, sale two weeks ago

Is the sale considered cancelled if the buyer has not paid after two weeks? He called once over a week ago, said he would pick up but never called again and never paid. I need to get rid of the item as it is a big appliance and I am moving! Other buyers would surely be intereted.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You need to open an unpaid item incident so you can get a credit for the final valuation fee from Ebay. They will chase for you and if you still don't get paid, they will re-credit the fee and you can re-sell it.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Open the unpaid item report now. If they still don't pay close it 4 days later. eBay will not close it for you and if you let it time out, you will not get your FVF refunded.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

My experience over the last few years is, if the buyer  hasnt paid within the first 2-3 days, they are not going to. Go to the resolution centre but dont wait for the case to close, relist it straight away, now. If the buyer comes good then you can end the listing early. Otherwise youre waiting another 3 weeks to get rid of it.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

My experience is that about 50% pay on the opening of a dispute. Mainly because they allegedly forgot until they were reminded. Even though I send a reminder the day before I open a dispute.

From the opening of a dispute to being able to close it is 4 days. Minimum, but I don't see where you get three weeks from. 8 days is the min, any more is at the seller's discretion.

The issue with relisting straight away, then having to end the listing if the original buyer pays, is the loss of listing fees for no good reason. I try to pay eBay the minimum possible, consistent with my business model. I certainly wouldn't recommend that members incur fees for no purpose.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply