Buyer *irrossco0*9 Blanked Some. Opens Dispute With Paypal And Never Contacted Me Not Happy

I have tried to do the right thing when selling my items This guy thinks he is a Knight in shining armour. Forget the stars after the first one they give him glory. He bought 2 lots of items total value including postage $16.90 on the 19th September 2 Days ago I received an email from Paypay as follows

Although we're required to return this payment to the buyer's bank, we won't debit your PayPal account balance if you meet the eligibility requirements for PayPal Seller Protection. One of the requirements is to provide us with a valid proof of shipment. You can find more details about the required information in the Resolution Centre.

Here's how to provide your shipping information:

- Click "Resolution Centre" near the top of the page.
- Click "Respond" in the "Action" column.
- Follow the instructions to upload or fax your information.

Please provide your information by 26 October 2014. If we don't receive your response by this date, this case will be closed and the transaction amount (less any previous refunds) will be debited from your PayPal balance.

For more details about PayPal Seller Protection, please click "Legal" at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click "User Agreement for PayPal Service". For more information on selling safely, please click "Security" near the bottom of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,

PayPal

PayPal Australia Pty Limited.

Copyright © 1999-2014 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 93 111 195 389) which holds Australian Financial Services Licence, number 304962. Any information provided in this email is general advice only and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs.

I sent the buyer a message after receiving this email from Paypal as follows

Hi I would like to know why you have lodged a Paypal complaint against me for $16.90. I now see you are bringing the Bank into this dispute.. That is fine by me I will refund your money if you tell me what the problem is. If not I shall bring the Police into this matter and get them to sort this out through the court system. I have had no complaints from you about the items you bought. Then Wham Bam Thank you mam I get stuck with this.

I have Threatened Police.. and I will ask them to look into the matter. I have no Idea what the problem is they (buyer) has not even sent a message. DO I PROCEED. I am asking advice from Friends

Spotty

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Buyer *irrossco0*9 Blanked Some. Opens Dispute With Paypal And Never Contacted Me Not Happy

Ok I never had any proof of item sent and I have phoned Paypal and explained what has happened. They told me that the Bank wanted their money back as the Credit Card usage was unauthorised. But behold they credited the amount back to my account I think because they did not want the police involved and that they would be watching this person. Why would someone try and rip off $16.90 such a low ammount??

Thank you

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Edit - sorry.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Just send Paypal your proof of posting to the buyer's address and that will be that, why such a fuss over something as simple?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Go to the paypal dispute and go expand the "comments" on the bottom and see if the buyer left any comment, why paypal must return money to the buyer's bank? I am guessing it's a credit card charge back? All you need to send proof of shipment such as like a tracking number.

No need to have the police involved though, scammers are very common on ebay.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

it sounds like a Bank Credit Card chargeback

quite often the buyer has no idea this has happened -- banks tend to do this if the c/card is overdrawn and they want to recoup some from recent purchases

just upload your tracking details to Payal and you will be protected by their Seller Protection and it is then between paypal and the bank.

thats why we have Seller Protection and why we as sellers need to cover ourselves

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Ok I never had any proof of item sent and I have phoned Paypal and explained what has happened. They told me that the Bank wanted their money back as the Credit Card usage was unauthorised. But behold they credited the amount back to my account I think because they did not want the police involved and that they would be watching this person. Why would someone try and rip off $16.90 such a low ammount??

Thank you

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply