Buyer not adhering to Collection date

0000q7
Community Member

I have just sold a Large Playground which was stipulated in the description that it had to be collected by a certain date. The buyer is not giving me a guarantee that she will be able to collect by this date.

What are my rights with Cancelling this transaction and either Re-Listing or selling elsewhere? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If they do not pick up by the specified date you can after 4 days from sale date open a dispute for non payment and then 4 days later close it as unpaid if they still have not picked it up.

This will cancel the sale and refund your fees back to your account and give them a non payment strike and be blocked from leaving feedback.

Once you have closed the dispute you can then relist or offer to next bidder if there was one.

DO NOT send a request to cancel as they may decline it and you are stuck with the fees then.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If you get no joy, open a non paying dispute 4 days after the sale and go back 4 days later and close it. That way you get your fees back and the buyer gets a strike against their name. Once the case is closed, you are fine to relist. They also can't leave negative feedback once the case is closed. If they leave it prior to closing, it should be removed when the case closes with non payment.

If you just cancel, they may decline the cancellation, which means you lose your fees. They can also leave you negative feedback.

Given there were 2 bidders, you could offer a second chance buy to the unsuccessful bidder. You have to wait until the case is closed prior to doing that though, in case the original buyer fronts up.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Have you spoken to them over the phone? It is much easier to get a dcefinitive answer than exchanging emails. The problem with opening a dispute is they may just pay with Paypal and that leaves you stuck with the fees and open to a neg if you do not wazit as long as they want.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply