Buyer paid but I cannot contact them anymore.

Sold a large pair of speakers(~45kg)  back in 18-Jul-2016,

Buyer paid by paypal & couldnt come strait-away to pickup (he lives on an island ,thats ok)

Then I had to go away week later(advised).

Spoke on the phone after that, he had to go to hospital for op & could pickup in a few weeks. (no probs)

But tried to contact lately a few times (Phone & message/email) suspect he might not have made it out of hospital (not the front door anyway)

now about 6 weeks since last contact.

Normally I dont care how long buyer might take to pickup but will I be moving (300 k's) in about 4 weeks & dont want to take with.

any suggestions ?

Most annoying is my selling page no longer shows the sold item (but it is still in ebay system as can see listing when click on email link)

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

In all seriousness, perhaps do a check on death notices for the state / territory in which the buyer lives - might answer the question (hopefully not!).

Otherwise, perhaps just refund the payment, and dispose of the sneakers (or relist them).
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Personally I'd do nothing. You've done everything you could. A refund will probably earn you defect. You've paid your fees. Wait some more & if you don't here from them after whatever you think is a reasonable time just relist them. The 60 day eBay money back guarantee has elapsed (although they could make a claim up to 180 days via PayPal).

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Just refund the buyer and send a message that you are moving in a couple of weeks and can't "hold" them any longer as you have had no futher comunication or replies to emails from them.  Advise they will be relisted if they are still interested in buying and collecting before your move.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You can't keep the item and the money.

Refund using problem with buyer's address.  That won't give you a defect

Then you'll get your fees back. 

Re-list after the refund

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply