Buyer recv toy on 4/7/17 (tracking) , but did not contact me until today 17/7/17 to adv faulty toy

Hi all, please assist...

Buyer sent me a msg (no dispute case nor feedback yet) 

" Hi there I purchase this item. It dose not work at all. The bullets go In but nothing shoots out. Please refund my money+ postage ASAP.  P.s I have tried to ring your mobile several times and it is off "

I recv no phone calls from anyone that i dont know of.. except telemarketing..

and no other msg from this buyer prior 5 pm today 17/7/17, AUSPOST confirm buyer recv this item on 4/7/17.

If ask to return of the item, who pays for the return postage? is it arguible?

in my description I stat toy gun is new and no return of change mind....

and do i need to refund the full $60?

Toy is $45 + $15 Postage (tracking,signature, insurance) 

Paid AU $60.00 with PAYPAL on 29 Jun, 2017 11:36 AEST
Item ID: 263048579437

Please assist, thank you

regards

Scott

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Buyer recv toy on 4/7/17 (tracking) , but did not contact me until today 17/7/17 to adv faulty toy

If the buyer opens a dispute you wil almost certainly lose the case and be forced to pay for the return, or possibly eBay will tell the buyer to keep the item and refund them.

Better for you to accept the return and pay for return postage and give the buyer their original payment back (inc postage), not doing that will almost certainly get you another neg for the same gun.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have already had a negative for the same item....maybe there is a problem with them?

Just because the buyer did not use the item immediately and report the problem does not make it suspect....it may have been bought as a gift.

I know I always buy gifts well ahead to allow for postage delays etc.

You have the opportunity to make the buyer happy and avoid negative feedback and a defect....take the opportunity.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply