Buyer won't leave feedback or even respond to my messages

I have done the right thing by this buyer and contacted them to ask if all is okay and asked them to let me know if there is any problems but they just don't respond it obvious that they have been on eBay as they have listed things for sale. Does anyone have any advice or similar situations, I really think its bad form and spoils the eBay selling experience.
Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

,,Ebay makes the rules,but never abide by them thereselves

The eBay rule is that FB is voluntary, albeit it is recommended to leave some.  But as others said, better no FB than bad FB

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 11 of 56
Latest reply

OMG, there was me perfectly happy in my own little world buying and selling things on ebay and little did I know that those horrid buyers who didn't leave me any feedback had ruined the whole experience for me.

Now I will have to go and lie down with a damp cloth on my forehead and hope I can expunge those feelings out of my mind so I can get back to doing some listings ๐Ÿ˜‰

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 56
Latest reply

As a seller, I've found most buyers don't respond to messages. As a buyer, I've found most sellers do respond. It's a weird world. I guess aslong as they get their item, they're happy.

Message 13 of 56
Latest reply

Would say that we only ever get feedback for about 2/3rds of the items that we sell - would be great if we got feedback for everyone and that way we would at least know that they have received their items.  However in all the years we have been selling on eBay have never received a negative and only two neutrals and those were virtually just to thank for the item.

Message 14 of 56
Latest reply

There was a time (only couple of years ago) that i spent only very little time in front of the computer.  I would check my emails in the morning, reply to the important ones and delete all the spam and rubbish:  then turn it off.  I was busy.  If I wanted to buy something I would search on line, buy it, pay and pretty much forget about it.  The only way i would think about it again would be if it was not as described or after few weeks it has not arrived.  Many people are like that; they buy item because they like/need it, not because they want a penpal. Just like I do not wish to have a conversation with shopgirl when I walk into a shop, and if one starts following me around yapping inanely into my ear, I just turn around and walk out again.

While eBay suggest we should communicate, they mean to communicate effectively.  Like describing items in such a way that there is no misunderstanding.  I am sick of getting flooded with irelevant messages from sellers. 

IF in a rare case I do not leave FB, it is because I do not really want to leave neutral, but cannot in good conscience leave positive.  But if seller asked, and got me in a bad time they really would not be happy with the FB they get. ๐Ÿ™‚

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 15 of 56
Latest reply

IF in a rare case I do not leave FB, it is because I do not really want to leave neutral, but cannot in good conscience leave positive.

Same here, generally. In that case, no feedback is good feedback.

Message 16 of 56
Latest reply

I like to think my buyer receives the item so fast that they are actually in shock and unabe to use the computer let alone figure out how to leave feedback B-) That's my take on it anyway

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 17 of 56
Latest reply

Something I've noticed is that a lot of Newbies either simply don't know that they should leave Feedback, or that they don't know how to....I've noticed that, particularly New Australans seem to think that it means writing me a nice Email saying Thankyou when their item arrives - lol...and when I explain the System to them, they come back & thank me again as they didn't know......Maybe something for Ebay to think about when people open new Accounts....bit more Education.....

Message 18 of 56
Latest reply

.Maybe something for Ebay to think about when people open new Accounts....bit more Education.....

hamsy, it is all there for people to read; when people sign up they have to click on the button saying they have read it, but they do not.  You cannot do more then that.  As far as FB goes, eBay does send FB reminder just before the 2 months is up; I have just received couple of FBs for transaction that took about 2 months ago. 

I have only once asked for FB; the lady was brand new, collected her item and was over the moon, wrote me lovely email thanking me and saying how much she loved the handmade item.  It was important for me to get such FB so other buyers could see it, so I have explained to her how to leave FB for me.  She never did. 

Message 19 of 56
Latest reply

I have had a similar experience last weekend, in fact. I emailed the customer to ask if they were happy  with the purchase, and if so, could they please rate me. Ebay says is okay to ask for feedback, however I received no response and still no feedback. It takes just a minute to do. I just don't know what is wrong with some people!  Lazy maybe? 

Also the person that bidded and won the item sent a family member to pick up from me and paid cash. He was clearly happy with the product and kept saying the buyer's child (whom it was for) would be happy.  I believed I would get great feedback in no time at all.  I'd sent two messages the first to ask if she was happy with the gift for her son, no reply. I sent another message a few days later to ask again if she was happy and if so, to give me a rating if she wouldn't mind. Still no reply, and no rating.

I felt great I'd made someone happy until I got the 'ignore treatment' and yes, like you, it very much spoiled that eBay selling experience too. I think eBay auto feedback reminders should be sent at least once to the buyer.

Message 20 of 56
Latest reply