Buyer won't leave feedback or even respond to my messages

I have done the right thing by this buyer and contacted them to ask if all is okay and asked them to let me know if there is any problems but they just don't respond it obvious that they have been on eBay as they have listed things for sale. Does anyone have any advice or similar situations, I really think its bad form and spoils the eBay selling experience.
Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

How annoying for you.  Maybe she didn't see that last request from you.

Message 21 of 56
Latest reply

Some people become too obssessed with receiving feedback.

TCT
Message 22 of 56
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Feedback reminder are sent to buyers automatically.

Message 23 of 56
Latest reply

And if you continue to harass buyers for it you may get what you asked for in the form of a pretty red dot.

Message 24 of 56
Latest reply

If a seller ever asked me for feedback they would get a neutral, if they asked twice they would get a neg. When I leave feedback it is because I am certain of the rating I want to leave, if I don't leave it then it is because I am mildly unhappy with the item but not enough to trash the seller's feedback BUT............

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 25 of 56
Latest reply

I buy a lot of stuff from the USA on another ID.  I get them sent to a friend on the west coast USA who waits til he can fill a box and then he sends them to me.  Greatly reduces my postage costs.  I got the following message from a seller two days after he posted the item to my friend:

""FEEDBACK"" Your "FEEDBACK" Is Very Important To My Success On E-BAY !! I Strive To Be A 5 Star (seller or buyer). 100% Custormer Satisfaction Is My GOAL !! I Would Be Greatful If You Would Leave A Positive "FEEDBACK" With 5 Stars !! Plaese Do Not Hesitate To Contact Me With Any Of Your Questions or Concerns...If You Have A Concern About Your Item, Please Contact Me First To Resolve Your Problem !! Please No Negative "FEEDBACKS".. --- No "FEEDBACK", Is Better Than A Negative One !!Thank You For Your Time,...... Have A Nice Day!!

This was days before it had even arrived at my friend's place.  I replied to the bit that asked me to contact him if I had any questions or concerns to tell him that this type of message makes him sound needy.  I also advised him that sending such a message does not go down well with buyers as feedback is voluntary and eBay do send reminders.

If he messaged me again I think I would follow PJ's rules when asked for feedback.

I usually leave feedback after I've got my item.. Only time I haven't was when a seller had a problem with his e-mail address ion PayPal (he'd spelled it wrong) After two attempts at trying to pay he couldn't (or wouldn't) fix his address so in the end the transaction ended up being cancelled

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 27 of 56
Latest reply

Recently I received this message from a seller 4 days after I left a feedback.

Dear buyer,

Have you received your packages?
Usually, the shipping time is about 11- 23 business according to my buyersโ€™ reflection .
If you still not get it, please tell us and we will check the address with you. If your address is correct, i think you will get it soon, hope you can wait it for some days more. Just trust us that i will not let you lose any money.
If you have received it, please give me 5 stars for it.
If you have any matter with the products or my service, please tell me, i will give you good solution.
Waiting good news

Best regards

Photobucket
Message 28 of 56
Latest reply

I agree that it is a bit disappointing. I have sold some lovely things at a low price, taken time to wrap nicely like a gift, put in personalised thank you note, taken straight to the post office - and still the buyer doesn't even leave a word like 'good'.

But it is their choice and as a buyer I wouldn't like to messaged repeatedly by a seller fishing for feedback, So I agree with others on this point, I would not do it.

I did occur to me when I first started selling (not long ago) that there could be a default system where a positve feedback registers if there has been no dispute after a given period, say 45 days. But overall I wouldn't worry about buyers who don;t leave feedback, just be glad to have made a sale and keep your 100% rating intact.

Happy selling!

Message 29 of 56
Latest reply

I did occur to me when I first started selling (not long ago) that there could be a default system where a positve feedback registers if there has been no dispute after a given period, say 45 days. But overall I wouldn't worry about buyers who don;t leave feedback, just be glad to have made a sale and keep your 100% rating intact.

I'm glad you are not proposing that such a default system be adopted.  There are some circumstances where no feedback is appropriate.  Where a buyer is neither pleased nor displeased, but not sufficiently motivated enough to leave a pos, neut or neg.  It is a buyer's and seller's right to choose to not leave feedback for a transaction.

A default system that leaves a positive would be seriously flawed.